Alberta Election

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of the 4 in our family will be voting. Our son is in university writing finals so won't be able to get home.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want either of them in office to be honest. I want Ralph back. Ralph had real conservative ideals not this watered down liberal CRAP these two are preaching.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The system is flawed...we are forced to choose the lesser of evils..

Representative vs. party, we should be able to vote a local rep and then a premier on a separate ballot...

This election has been nothing but mud slinging and empty promises, How the fawk can anyone increase spending without raising taxes??? any increase in spending will have to come from another area, where is it coming from????

Why has no one had the balls to insist on reforming the social assistance program, put a time limit on welfare benefits, insist on drug testing for recipients (including nicotine) and get off their azz and work for that cheque. Why has no one brought up the leniency within our justice system, why don't prisoners work for their keep? Why do we have a government that insists on creating new laws which target specific issues when we already have laws in place that would cover said issues yet go unused...

Problem is that if you were to do a root cause analysis into the most problematic social issues you would discover that the political system as it stands is the root cause and us as citizens, regular joe's, parents, employees, clients, and owners get the shaft and are forced to choose the lesser of evils, the smartest of dumb-azzes, and unfortunately in order to make us feel as though our vote means something we are forced to vote based on party as opposed to local Representative.

Our minister of education should be a scholar, our minister of health should be a Doctorate of medicine, our minister of economics should be an economist...etc etc etc... instead, whoever we vote in can pick their buddies to make our decisions for us....

The election is tomorrow and I have no friggin idea what to do...

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think the wildrose leader should have canned the other two for saying stupid stuff while in the ellection, if they lose it would be because of those two comments. Good luck

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The system is flawed...we are forced to choose the lesser of evils..

Representative vs. party, we should be able to vote a local rep and then a premier on a separate ballot...

This election has been nothing but mud slinging and empty promises, How the fawk can anyone increase spending without raising taxes??? any increase in spending will have to come from another area, where is it coming from????

Why has no one had the balls to insist on reforming the social assistance program, put a time limit on welfare benefits, insist on drug testing for recipients (including nicotine) and get off their azz and work for that cheque. Why has no one brought up the leniency within our justice system, why don't prisoners work for their keep? Why do we have a government that insists on creating new laws which target specific issues when we already have laws in place that would cover said issues yet go unused...

Problem is that if you were to do a root cause analysis into the most problematic social issues you would discover that the political system as it stands is the root cause and us as citizens, regular joe's, parents, employees, clients, and owners get the shaft and are forced to choose the lesser of evils, the smartest of dumb-azzes, and unfortunately in order to make us feel as though our vote means something we are forced to vote based on party as opposed to local Representative.

Our minister of education should be a scholar, our minister of health should be a Doctorate of medicine, our minister of economics should be an economist...etc etc etc... instead, whoever we vote in can pick their buddies to make our decisions for us....

The election is tomorrow and I have no friggin idea what to do...

Sucks being undecided eh! I hear ya Bogger... Also hard to vote for a party that gives criminals, murderers, thieves, etc rights!!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could live with a WR minority,as it provides a way to "test" them and see what they can do..............I don`t think Redford is tough enough for Alberta. In fact ,with a Majority,she could be scary my gut tells me..........

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I could live with a WR minority,as it provides a way to "test" them and see what they can do..............I don`t think Redford is tough enough for Alberta. In fact ,with a Majority,she could be scary my gut tells me..........

We have debated this to no end at work, and I half agree...My concern is that any time we have seen a minority gov, its almost the same as pushing the 'pause' button. Just lots of arguing and nothing gets accomplished. There has to be some fear and the WR has never been in a position of power, but I guess the way I look at it, I have zero confidence left for the PCs and dont feel the WR can screw anything up worse than Dreadford will...If im wrong...we could be in for a long 4 years of a brand new party running amok LOL

I have studied their platform, and if they stay true to it, I am confident they are the right choice. Political parties always keep their election promises, dont they??? Bwahahaha

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly Ralph could hide his own Easter Eggs now.

Not suggesting I want Ralph back in office(he would better than these two even in the state he's in) Just suggesting the PC's bring someone with real Conservative economic values, rather than someone spending money we don't have to win the elections.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes.....how are things ever gonna change here if we keep electing the same crooks......Saskatchewan did it and are better off for making the change.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would of liked a minority,if we "turn liberal" there is not a dam thing we can do about it now......................

Top Bottom