Aftermarket sled lights

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin at making my own headlight delete, using two smaller headlights similar to what you see in a nytro. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what light to use?? I don't want to spend a fortune on it, just looking for something to make the sled stand out a little more. Thanks.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out crappy tire they have lots of styles of lights and there pretty cheap only like 40 bucks for 2. I can't find a pic on my work comp to show you what I did.

BM

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out crappy tire they have lots of styles of lights and there pretty cheap only like 40 bucks for 2. I can't find a pic on my work comp to show you what I did.

BM

Haha gotta love crappy tire. Ill give it a shot, see what they have. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha gotta love crappy tire. Ill give it a shot, see what they have. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I actually found a set at Walmart that have a small battery pack attached and are surprisingly bright. Kit for the two was like $50. Lights up my entire house in the dark. You would just remove the battery pack and hard-wire it in. My only concern with the cheapies is how long they will last in the elements. I took one apart and they are nicely silicone and sealed so we'll have to see.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually found a set at Walmart that have a small battery pack attached and are surprisingly bright. Kit for the two was like $50. Lights up my entire house in the dark. You would just remove the battery pack and hard-wire it in. My only concern with the cheapies is how long they will last in the elements. I took one apart and they are nicely silicone and sealed so we'll have to see.

would u happen to have a pic of those lights?? Sounds like it could work as well. I just want something to test out my project, if I don't like it well it's no big loss to me. If I do I could replace with the better ones later

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some sort of LED light would be best I think wouldn't it? Low draw on the system but probably more than u wan't to spend

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until I know it will work and look good, I don't want to dump any big bucks into it just yet. I was thinking demon eyes with slim ballasts once I get the stock headlight replacement mocked up, but could you even run something like that off the sleds system?

Top Bottom