aftermarket bars

ozzy

Reaction score
Need a new set of bars on my 08 xp wondering what everyone is using

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the RSI's last year after cracking the aluminums. The chromoly race bend is fairly close to stock, just has the longer j hook on the left side. You can get the carbon fiber ones as well. I think it was ebay I found them with new heated elements, grips and bar pad for under $120.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also went to RSI Liked them alot wish i would have spent the extra coin and got the carbon fiber ones tho... I had the RSI backcountry bends I recommend them there really comfortable and look sweet!
Heres a picture of them Id just recommend throwing on some j hooks

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 229

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the carbon fiber wrapped bars noticeably warmer? Or is it just the bling factor that people like about them.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the RSI's last year after cracking the aluminums. The chromoly race bend is fairly close to stock, just has the longer j hook on the left side. You can get the carbon fiber ones as well. I think it was ebay I found them with new heated elements, grips and bar pad for under $120.

I need some,, I cant find em if ya find link can ya post it pls..

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ebay you mean? SNOWMOBILE HANDLE BAR TAPERED RSI RACE GUNMETAL | eBay

I just searched rsi handlebars and found a few, it may have even been these guys I bought from but they have a mini package with everything you need.

I do like the backcountry bend that some others have, but find you have to relocate the button control cluster to make enough room.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you have to relocate the cluster to make them work but so worth it, if you put the j hooks on them i have been told they give you enough room to mount the cluster in the original position... and the carbon fiber ones are supposed to be alot warmer i have been told by people that used them...

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the Freeride bars with a Rox adjustable riser on my rev and really liked them. I might try to put a set on my M8.

Attachments

• IMG00122.jpg
    IMG00122.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG00123.jpg
    IMG00123.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 193

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the carbon bars are not warm at all!!! carbon fiber with the heated grips turned on do not warm up I have gone through three sets of heaters and none of them work on the carbon bars

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ebay you mean? SNOWMOBILE HANDLE BAR TAPERED RSI RACE GUNMETAL | eBay

I just searched rsi handlebars and found a few, it may have even been these guys I bought from but they have a mini package with everything you need.

I do like the backcountry bend that some others have, but find you have to relocate the button control cluster to make enough room.

ya I couldnt find carbon with mountain seem sold out but after reading below I will pass on carbon

the carbon bars are not warm at all!!! carbon fiber with the heated grips turned on do not warm up I have gone through three sets of heaters and none of them work on the carbon bars

ya I like my heaters I wear spring gloves most the season!!! thanks jared great to know

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the rsi carbon fiber bars are so sick looking but yeah the carbon fiber doesnt hold the heat very well I have had these bars for three years now and still havent got the heated grips to work so i just carry a spare pair of old school leather mitts in my bag. I even wrapped my bars with heat tape this last time to see if it work and still no go hahaha

Cheeze

Reaction score
Question I just bought the back country bend bars from RSI they are slot wider are you guys cutting them down or just running them wide

Top Bottom