After market skiis

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 7" powder pro's on my 13 and I like em. They were on the sled when I bought it so I can't say how they compare to the stock skies. Rode a friend's M with em on it one time while I was running stock skies on my M and they were noticeably better. Turned better at slow speeds, floated better in powder and didn't dart as much on the trail at speed either.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I've got the slydogs and they are a much better ski over stock. Darting on the trail is no where's close to stock way more control, and it helps float in the deeper snow I like em. My .02

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the polaris grippers on my 14, work very well on the proclimb, and a much cheaper option, it was $400 with carbides

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting a wider ski. What are some suggestions?
Choosing a ski is personal preference. There are always positives and negatives with every ski. I'm assuming you have a 2012-2015 Proclimb, likely a 2 stroke 800. Do you trail ride much? A good powder ski usually isn't the best on trails or hardpack. What about steering effort? Are you willing to trade "light steering" for something that requires more effort at the bars to get slot car handling? If not, look for something with a shallow "rocker" keel.
Personally, I like a "light" feeling ski, and could care less about trail handling, as I don't ride overly fast up or down the trail. For the Proclimb, these are my preferences for powder riding and yes, I've tested each of the skis listed. Bear in mind I could care less about trail handling, as the only trail riding i do is up to the alpine - I do not ride locally...
#1 Polaris Gripper ski - Just a great "all around" ski. Doesn't stand out in any one area, but it handles all conditions well enough
#2 Ski-Doo Pilot 6.9's - Decent powder ski, steers a bit heavy and likes to dart on anything that is set up.
#3 MODS - these were my "go to" ski for years until I used them on the Proclimb. They steer a bit heavy, and are getting hard to come by. kind of an ancient design that still works well - best ski in straight powder conditions
#4 Ski-Doo DS - steers light, not the best for flotation, but they work well on the Proclimb 800.
#5 Slydogs, and I actually prefer the 7" rather then the 8" wide ski. The 2016 Cat Mountain ski is about equal to the Slydogs, with a deeper keel
#6 SLP Mohawk - Aggressive keel, good responsive ski with increased steering effort
#7 SLP Powder Pros - great on M-series, they steer a bit heavy for my taste. Lots of guys running them and love them
#8 Simmons Gen 2 - turns great, steering effort is similar to a 1968 Chev 5 ton grain truck with no power steering.

This is simply my opinion, yours may vary.

lgallant

Reaction score
I have the slp Mohawks on my 2012 163 Xp with t motion. Tried them for the first time in vale mount and they work awesome. They keep the front end out of the snow and stick to the hill a lot better than stock when side hilling. They are also good on the trail with minimal steering effort. I would say the only downside is price at $600 plus shipping. Love the ski. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northof40

Reaction score
Had powder pros on my 13, definitely a huge improvement over the stockers. They do steer heavy on the trail and are a bit aggressive in the set up snow. Grippers are better all around ski I find.

One other option if you might be able to find a deal on is stock 2016 M skis. I love mine and have no intentions of changing them feel right on par with the gripper IMO.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went with the new cat skis and i like them alot (2016 ski) lots of peopel gone to polaris grippers as well

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First day at revy with the new 2016 cat. I'm noticing the skis like to dive when boondocking in the meadows. I thought these new skis were working good? Do I need to set up my front shock pressure in the skid?

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Limiter strap? I talked to the owner of the Cat dealership in a Pemberton about all the new stuff on the 2016 and he said that he had always changed out the skis on his personal sled before this year, but he felt the stock Cat skis were now as good as any aftermarket, so sounds like you just need to do some adjusting.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C&A BX any good?

Buddy had them on his 13 m800 and said way better than stock but would go with grippers or mohawks if he could do it over again

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

Kailem

Reaction score
any a you guys wanna sell me one of the stock skis you swapped out, I just took a huge gowg outta my 2015 m8 front left ski (black)?

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any a you guys wanna sell me one of the stock skis you swapped out, I just took a huge gowg outta my 2015 m8 front left ski (black)?

PM sent. Would sell both of them since i wouldn't have a use for one ski.

Top Bottom