adjustable handlebar system

SNOWY

Reaction score
has anyone tried to put cats adjustable handlebar system on any of the older M series sleds? like 2005-2008 model years?

cost, headaches etc?

sleliuk1

Reaction score
has anyone tried to put cats adjustable handlebar system on any of the older M series sleds? like 2005-2008 model years?

cost, headaches etc?

Yeah i just put one in before christmas, and its pretty easy to put in. The only thing that i found harder to do was to get at the bottom bolt that holds the post in. I don't have a sled stand so thats why it was harder. Otherwise it's a great update to the sled. Also i was worried about the cables not being long enough but there is still quite a bit of slack when the bars are up all the ways. I bought it off a guy on kijiji, i forgot how much i paid but i know new they are 250 i think? Not quite sure but around there. Hope this helps.;

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the opposite, put old steering shaft on my 2010. Pretty straight forward but it helps to roll sled on its side to get that bottom nut off.

SNOWY

Reaction score
so stock cables will be okay? dont need to replace them.

how long to get it done?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought from Cat paid 250.00 didnt have any trouble putting it on......

Cat is now saying you have to extend the thottle cable, but I re ran the cables and found enough slack, have not had any problems even when fully extended.

There seems to be a very small amount of play on solid ground, but it's not noticeable in any snow.....

Demon13

Reaction score
while your doing the steering post upgrade add the BDX steering post stiffener, it helps strenghten the post when extended for side hilling.

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while your doing the steering post upgrade add the BDX steering post stiffener, it helps strenghten the post when extended for side hilling.

^x2.....another good idea is a post with a "t" top too it. then add a bigger riser that pivots on the "t". im on my 3rd steering post, and i just order my 4th and hopefuly last with the "t" style. if it has the pivot it will pivot instead of bend.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your doing the post definitely do the anti slop upgrade, tightens up things nicely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom