this wasnt me but it makes me giggle:d

Attachments

• back up on May 14 186.jpg
    back up on May 14 186.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 35

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is standing where he landed after impact. Nothing was bent or broken on that tank of a sled.

Ya,that's one of the reasons I like it. No tracks from sled to rider...he musta been airborn for a while!

That and the rabbit tracks headed outta there! Musta ruined his day...sitttin there minding himself when 600lbs of poo tries to knock down his door!

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive lost count of how many trees ive hit. but my best story iz the time I broke my throttel assembaly with my face :d I was out with 2 OF My buddies and we were plaing around on the river. we found a spot that was pretty steep and you landed on a farmers feild. my sisters boy friend (matt) hit it and got say 2 feet of air. I though he was going around 1/2 throttel all the way up so I decided I would hit it full throttel :d it felt like an eternety up there. matt said I went about 15 feet up!! I slammed my head on my bars. I cut up my chin and had 2 black eyes. I also broke both my drop brackets :d it turns out matt was only going 1/4 throttel hahaha

this is what it looked like but I held on and held my brak in the air....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYtm25vlr7o&videos=3Ezfgm2gt9w[/YOUTUBE]

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
was meeting up with a group of guys after supper for a ride down into the hills and was flying down the ditch to the meeting point. ridden these ditches all my life and know where every approach is, and the ones that don't have culverts.....but had a brain fart and lost track of where I was, nailed a culvert-less approach at around 60-70mph.

saw it at the last second while WOT in the ditch riding my 2001 mxz800 x, I slammed the brakes but thought better of hitting it in full lockup, and gassed it at the last second to keep the front form piling in on the landing.....when I tail landed it, the front slammed down and ejected me over the bars. I landed in front of the sled, but slightly to the left and it stayed upright while I tumbled beside it for what seemed an eternity watching the idler wheels a foot away from my face.

The sled had a bent rear bumper, and broken windshield from me doing the kool-aid man to it, and was sitting there percolating when my wind retuned and I could move again. got on it and rode back home.

Ripped apart my left shoulder but never broke any bones. The fellas stepped off the divots the next day and said I flew 70 feet before landing. I haven't ridden in the dark since, except to come down off the mountian.

Did you poop your pants?:confused::confused:

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a chest protector just for this reason. If you want to see a good example of it saying my chest from a huge impact - watch this:https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/new-top-secret-prototype-222-track-31783.html
I have been looking to find a techvest. I also have severe asthma and if i ever took a good hit to the chest Id prob quit breathing before they could get me down the mountain! ...not to be ackward but the trouble I am having finding a chest protector is the fact that I have a large chest! lol Do you know of a comfortable chest protector girls are wearing?

Throttle*Queen, im late I know. But check out Dainese gear...it is made for Dh/FR mountain biking and know of a couple girls who have a dainese pressure suit and love it. It will be tighter fitting if you have a larger chest but you don't want your Armour sliding around.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The end of a ghost ride...thankfully the groomer came along and dragged it out of this tree well!

Attachments

• DSCN1082_2.jpg
    DSCN1082_2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1089.jpg
    DSCN1089.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 26

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was at Allen Creek. Misjudged where this drop-off was when I was attempting to side hill in $hitty snow conditions. It was icy, and there was no way of slowing down. I cracked the throttle a little too much and landed a$$-end first. I don't totally remember it. I bit almost all the way through my bottom lip, split my chin open and the helmet cam flew off my helmet. OH, and shattered my pride in front of quite a crew.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTrJt-GlXDo[/media]

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You couldn't drive that pussy????? No wonder the groomer operator's are all stressed out and asking for friggin' raises???? just saying.....

It was my driving that got it in there!

It's steeper and deeper than it looks! It took 6 of us 2-3 hours to get it turned around and pointed outta there. There's two 2ft dia trees down there - and not much under the sled holding it up!

We were just starting to dig a ramp out when I heard the back-up beep beep beep. That sound still puts a smile on my face!

You groomer ops love yanking on stuff - especially if it's already wrecked!

Top Bottom