jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4114.jpg

dam tree's

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was meeting up with a group of guys after supper for a ride down into the hills and was flying down the ditch to the meeting point. ridden these ditches all my life and know where every approach is, and the ones that don't have culverts.....but had a brain fart and lost track of where I was, nailed a culvert-less approach at around 60-70mph.

saw it at the last second while WOT in the ditch riding my 2001 mxz800 x, I slammed the brakes but thought better of hitting it in full lockup, and gassed it at the last second to keep the front form piling in on the landing.....when I tail landed it, the front slammed down and ejected me over the bars. I landed in front of the sled, but slightly to the left and it stayed upright while I tumbled beside it for what seemed an eternity watching the idler wheels a foot away from my face.

The sled had a bent rear bumper, and broken windshield from me doing the kool-aid man to it, and was sitting there percolating when my wind retuned and I could move again. got on it and rode back home.

Ripped apart my left shoulder but never broke any bones. The fellas stepped off the divots the next day and said I flew 70 feet before landing. I haven't ridden in the dark since, except to come down off the mountian.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice crashes everybody!!!

and throttle queen , i had my sx700 going 95 mph and the phazer goig 104 mph

my brother in law said he clocked me at 75 mph but he lies so..........but it felt like 75 mph!! and my mom does not even no , she would never let me ride again if she did!:eek: and we cant have that! and it was deffinatley 50 in the field as i hit those trees hard!! sent me over the bars!! (forgot that part).

anybody else? i like these stories!

My bad! I just can't seem to keep up with all these fables! :confused:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
nice crashes everybody!!!

..... and my mom does not even no , she would never let me ride again if she did!:eek: and we cant have that! ...... (forgot that part).

I think I have Joey's mother's email address in my multitude of addresses. I was communicating with the council of Maynooth about something last year and one of the councillors forwarded something with "Joey's mom's" email.....

I'll have to try it and see if it is the same one.....:nono:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7709.jpg

that little tree behind the apex was all that stopped it from going over the rocks, 50ft drop!
If an apex falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it does it still make a sound?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if an apex falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it does it still make a sound?

if an apex falls off a cliff in the bush in canada, europe can hear the echo!!!! And no trees or small wildlife animals were hurt during the 2009-2010 season! Just selective pruning thanks.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rolled my sled down the mountiain with me and my boot got stuck in the track so i was stuck and rolled bout 3 times. On the last roll my sled came loose and had I not been wearing my pack the handlebars probably would have broke my back. Pushed the sled off me so i could breath and it got on its track and hit the big tree at the bottom of the hill. Thought it was gunna b a chopper ride but got it out and runnin( GO DOO!) and only replaced the bumper and pipe. (And a fellow snow and mudder helped save me big $$$ by selling me a used one!)

I wear a chest protector just for this reason. If you want to see a good example of it saying my chest from a huge impact - watch this:https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/new-top-secret-prototype-222-track-31783.html

I've had some serious impacts to the chest while sledding (including a huge sidehill off a cliff and dropping 12ft straight down onto a road and slamming my chest into the riser block) and it has saved my bacon everytime. I never ride without it, and without it, I would have had some far better stories to tell for this thread (grateful I don't though).

Worst sledding injury was 3 broken ribs from falling off the trailer while trying to start my sled (slipped on the plastic snow covered superglides and tagged my ribs on the bars on the way down off the trailer). :D There's always bumps and bruises also but nothing worth writing about here.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This wasn't me, but it was a buddy. I wasn't there, but I wish I had been.

Just a reminder not to stray too far when its just about dark in the mountains. :nono:

The sled spent the night...my buddy thankfully was able to walk out.

paul1.jpg

paul2.jpg

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a chest protector just for this reason. If you want to see a good example of it saying my chest from a huge impact - watch this:https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/new-top-secret-prototype-222-track-31783.html
I have been looking to find a techvest. I also have severe asthma and if i ever took a good hit to the chest Id prob quit breathing before they could get me down the mountain! ...not to be ackward but the trouble I am having finding a chest protector is the fact that I have a large chest! lol Do you know of a comfortable chest protector girls are wearing?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking to find a techvest. I also have severe asthma and if i ever took a good hit to the chest Id prob quit breathing before they could get me down the mountain! ...not to be ackward but the trouble I am having finding a chest protector is the fact that I have a large chest! lol Do you know of a comfortable chest protector girls are wearing?

wheres that "this post is useless with out pics" smiley?

:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL - no awkwardness here - I get ya. :)

Here's a thread on some other's out there that you might want to look into. I still have Rockstar/Titan and I also use a solid chest MX style protector as well (not at the same time - use the MX style in the spring once the temps warm up or on warmer days during the season).
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/391/tek-vest-26966-2.html

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL - no awkwardness here - I get ya. :)

Here's a thread on some other's out there that you might want to look into. I still have Rockstar/Titan and I also use a solid chest MX style protector as well (not at the same time - use the MX style in the spring once the temps warm up or on warmer days during the season).
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/391/tek-vest-26966-2.html

Ok thank you very much! I will have to do some searching and trying on!

Top Bottom