accident thread.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need a thread to tell about our sled crashes! so lets see how this one goes!

my first one: i was cookin along on a 86 phazer at 75 mph , and all the sudden i see a stump!:eek: so i locked up the brakes and hit some bear ice i hit the stump at an angle and flipped sideways , i went about 10-12 ft in the air and the sled went about 7-8 ft in the air and i came down on my elbow and as i was laying their all i was thinking was , is the sled ok? it was. and then i look behind me and i see my brother-in-law coming on my brother's cougar 550 (he is dumb) and he does the smartest thing he has ever done and moves around me! luckily the sled was good and so was i!!

my 2nd one: i was also on the same phazer and i was going about 50 kph and the snow was probly 2.5-3 ft deep and the snow was coming over the hood icing the headlight up and it was snowing hard and it was night and i saw a big group of trees coming and i smoked em!! my dad was so mad and i was so embarrased so i just rode home , i did not talk to him or ride at all for 2 days! he was pizzed!!!

now you share some!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
joey bones shatter at 50mph so if you crashed at 75? your not going to talking about it! tell the truth. you were doing?? (30kph) and? and you cried like a baby till mom kissed it better? is that closer to the real story?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need a thread to tell about our sled crashes! so lets see how this one goes!

my first one: i was cookin along on a 86 phazer at 75 mph , and all the sudden i see a stump!:eek: so i locked up the brakes and hit some bear ice i hit the stump at an angle and flipped sideways , i went about 10-12 ft in the air and the sled went about 7-8 ft in the air and i came down on my elbow and as i was laying their all i was thinking was , is the sled ok? it was. and then i look behind me and i see my brother-in-law coming on my brother's cougar 550 (he is dumb) and he does the smartest thing he has ever done and moves around me! luckily the sled was good and so was i!!

my 2nd one: i was also on the same phazer and i was going about 50 kph and the snow was probly 2.5-3 ft deep and the snow was coming over the hood icing the headlight up and it was snowing hard and it was night and i saw a big group of trees coming and i smoked em!! my dad was so mad and i was so embarrased so i just rode home , i did not talk to him or ride at all for 2 days! he was pizzed!!!

now you share some!

Those phazers surrrrrre sound dangerous!

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i'll play:d

Was ridin around Valemont last december, conditions weren't very good snowing flat light all that so was playin in a field near the cabin well i see i'm comin up on the trail so i decide to hit it at an angle and do a little jump onto it. so comin at it about 25-30mph and hit something not sure what and lose my grip with my left hand and get tossed to the right so now all i have hangin on is my right hand so yes i'm full throttle now and no time to react. I hit the bank of the trail at a little more of an angle than i'd planned, i land on the bank and see my sled about 50 ft away about 4 ft from the trail. what really sucked was no one saw it

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It must of been a big hill for a phazer tohit 50 kph in 3 feet of snow lol

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rolled my sled down the mountiain with me and my boot got stuck in the track so i was stuck and rolled bout 3 times. On the last roll my sled came loose and had I not been wearing my pack the handlebars probably would have broke my back. Pushed the sled off me so i could breath and it got on its track and hit the big tree at the bottom of the hill. Thought it was gunna b a chopper ride but got it out and runnin( GO DOO!) and only replaced the bumper and pipe. (And a fellow snow and mudder helped save me big $$$ by selling me a used one!)

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going down a hill that was winddrifted got going to fast and ended up nosing into a drift went over the handlebars and landed facedown as sled come thru drift and ski hooked my pack needless to say ended up being used as a tobaggan for my sled the rest of the way down the hill.

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sledding in radium and they were low on snow and the hill had a few trenches from me going up before so I thought I would try going over the top so I pinned er and was about half way up and hit a rock so I got it turned around and going down hill and hit a rock on my left side and it bucked me off and so I seen my new sled headin for a rock face at the bottom and so I jumped and held on to the back bumper and dug my boots and part of my helmet in the snow trying to slow down and just got my sled stoped 5 feet away from smoking a huge rock

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
a few pictures that came easily. Accidents or foolish driving? None were at 75 MPH, and other than the broken leg no real damage....maybe they are just stuck(s) instead of accidents? However, they were all learning situations!!

Attachments

• accident1.jpg
    accident1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 49
  • accident3.jpg
    accident3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 444
  • accident4.jpg
    accident4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 47

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice crashes everybody!!!

and throttle queen , i had my sx700 going 95 mph and the phazer goig 104 mph

my brother in law said he clocked me at 75 mph but he lies so..........but it felt like 75 mph!! and my mom does not even no , she would never let me ride again if she did!:eek: and we cant have that! and it was deffinatley 50 in the field as i hit those trees hard!! sent me over the bars!! (forgot that part).

anybody else? i like these stories!

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7709.jpg

that little tree behind the apex was all that stopped it from going over the rocks, 50ft drop!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7275.jpg

joey carving the polaris 120 at 60mph. lol

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn, those phazers sure move eh?:rolleyes:. I had my 93 550 mountain cat ext up to 70mph back in the day. The speedo said that, so it must've been doing that cause the speedo don't lie, but it felt like 90mph:rolleyes:.

I've jarred my back from landing on flat ground coming down a glacier, jumped a creek and had the sled run me over after not quite clearing it.

Top Bottom