accident thread.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in Silent Pass two Januarys ago on a low light day when I nailed a creek up to the right of the first lake. Was riding across the top area just under that hill to the right that AWAYS slides, minding my own business,when the creek came out of nowhere and I slammed my lower left jaw down on the parking brake lever on the 07 Rev. Cut me for 8 stitches, 3 inside, 5 outside. This was my second ride out that year because I was recovering from being impaled by rebar at work. The wife was not impressed when I called and told her, I`m gonna be late, I gotta stop at the hospital for stitches.

And to top it all off, the crank spun on the way out, with the warrenty being up the end of November,I had to get a motor put in because I didn`t want to miss out on any more riding.Boy was she pissed.:d One of the guys in our group also blew up his 07 M1000 at km 26 on the way in and spent the day drinking in the four place.

The XP has been good to me though.:beer::beer:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you very much! I will have to do some searching and trying on!

Something you might want to search for is either snowboarding or bmx bike protectors. My motocross upper body protector I actually got from a bicycle shop much cheaper than a motorsports shop.

Or look for something like this site has. It has more soft protectors vs. a tek vest style but it might lead you in the right direction.

Chest Protectors - Rib Protectors - Padded Shirts | CYAProtectiveGear.com

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something you might want to search for is either snowboarding or bmx bike protectors. My motocross upper body protector I actually got from a bicycle shop much cheaper than a motorsports shop.

Or look for something like this site has. It has more soft protectors vs. a tek vest style but it might lead you in the right direction.

Chest Protectors - Rib Protectors - Padded Shirts | CYAProtectiveGear.com

Thank You! Ill c if I can find those to try on, they look comfortable; just have to c if they offer enough protection!

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well lets see i got 3 that come to mind right away.

1st one. got no pictures

Riding my 79 gemini, (the xc was set up for the mountains) having a good old time. went from one side of the ditch to the other and well i didnt realize when i was driving that the leaf spring broke on the one ski. So im driving along and that side of the sled the ski came off the ground and flew backwards so the ski was up side down. and well when i came down onto the ground the broken leaf spring stuck in the ground and i went flying over the handlebars and ripped the windshield off as i went. didnt have helmet cam at the time, but boy do i wish i did.. would have been funny to watch.

2nd one

riding the xc.. was sidehilling and hit a rock. it thru me off and my sled went down and hit the only fawking tree on the side of the hill. damages werent to bad besides my pride

3rd one

last season.. just got done extending my sled and first time out riding it.. first 10 minutes hit a jump and land on bumper. crunch.. goes the tunnel.. finished riding the rest of the day. had to fix b4 i could ride again.

105_0494.jpg

105_0496.jpg

105_0492.jpg

105_0486.jpg

105_0485.jpg

105_0484.jpg

nutma

Reaction score
I was riding my old indy 500 121 in a field up in thunder bay. It was right around 5:30 or so and had i punched going through a field i hadn't been in before. All of a sudden i was flying through the air, flew over a 100 feet and landed ten feet short of the down slop of the next hill. So i went flying over the handle bars and broke two ribs.I couldn't move from being so winded that when my buddy's sled (Goast riding cause he did the same thing pretty much but didn't get hurt) ran me over braking my pelvis in four spots and fracturing a hip. Spent 6 and a half weeks on my back side. The whole time i hoped the snow wouldn't melt to fast so i could try get one more ride in before the end of the season. Sled need new front shocks.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No scuff marks on my sleds my quad is a little diffrent story it remind me of a old hooker all on its back .quad fell off the trailer on main street stony plain
and then roll over on the loading ramp good old polaris

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well lets see i got 3 that come to mind right away.

1st one. got no pictures

Riding my 79 gemini, (the xc was set up for the mountains) having a good old time. went from one side of the ditch to the other and well i didnt realize when i was driving that the leaf spring broke on the one ski. So im driving along and that side of the sled the ski came off the ground and flew backwards so the ski was up side down. and well when i came down onto the ground the broken leaf spring stuck in the ground and i went flying over the handlebars and ripped the windshield off as i went. didnt have helmet cam at the time, but boy do i wish i did.. would have been funny to watch.
I chit you not Kyle, almost the EXACT same thing happened to me on an old '79 citation 300! I was maybe 13 or 14, but I had noticed the ski had broken just behind the front leaf mount earlier in the day. I put the back half of the ski over the front half so it wouldn't catch on the snow and took off. got to racing a buddy and forgot about it, remembered just at about the time the left ski came off the icy trail high enough for the back half to drop onto the trail, eject-o-matic....LMAO

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding my old indy 500 121 in a field up in thunder bay. It was right around 5:30 or so and had i punched going through a field i hadn't been in before. All of a sudden i was flying through the air, flew over a 100 feet and landed ten feet short of the down slop of the next hill. So i went flying over the handle bars and broke two ribs.I couldn't move from being so winded that when my buddy's sled (Goast riding cause he did the same thing pretty much but didn't get hurt) ran me over braking my pelvis in four spots and fracturing a hip. Spent 6 and a half weeks on my back side. The whole time i hoped the snow wouldn't melt to fast so i could try get one more ride in before the end of the season. Sled need new front shocks.

Damned! How was your buddies sled...sounds like with the beating it gave you it should have taken a little damage!

I don't have anything too wild. I t-boned my buddies rev 2 years ago in Fernie. I was following him through the trees when he turned up a small hill and just as I crested the hill the trees got dense and I had to jump on his track to squeeze through a couple firs. He had decided that hill was so much fun he wanted to do it again and was coming down on his own track. Each of us was carving coming around the same fir. He saw it coming and bailed, I didn't and t-boned his xp with my a-arms. I went over the hood and dislocated my shoulder. Broke the bulkhead where one of the a-arms bolts to it but still managed to ride the rest of the day with an a-arm dangling.

Those xps are tougher than they look! We're still arguing who had the right of way.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powderchowder sidehilling and lost it into the trees in mcbride. Nothing hurt except his pride.

Buddy on his poo 900 also in mcbride

Attachments

• Mc Bride 004.jpg
    Mc Bride 004.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Mc Bride 005.jpg
    Mc Bride 005.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 26

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple more of powderchowder in revy. the sled had a sleep over that night.

Attachments

• IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 27

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powderchowder sidehilling and lost it into the trees in mcbride. Nothing hurt except his pride.

Buddy on his poo 900 also in mcbride

That pic of your buddy looking down into the hole filled with his poo 900 is one of my favorite crash pics!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pic of your buddy looking down into the hole filled with his poo 900 is one of my favorite crash pics!

He is standing where he landed after impact. Nothing was bent or broken on that tank of a sled.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have Joey's mother's email address in my multitude of addresses. I was communicating with the council of Maynooth about something last year and one of the councillors forwarded something with "Joey's mom's" email.....

I'll have to try it and see if it is the same one.....:nono:

is this the post your talking about? my mom does not have an email adress!

Top Bottom