Absolutely Garbage

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sent my old transceiver in for replacement as it was a older one and I broke the screen. They don't sell parts so they offered me a replacement program which was good. The down side to all this and it don't just affect me is that they yet have to be in stock at dealers. Like what's there plan wait it sledding season ends and everyone buys another brand because they can't get there **** together. Like for **** sake I have a trip planned first week of December and still getting told a couple weeks they will be In. I have been told that since mid October. Did care much then but come on get your poop in a group.

Sorry for the rant just pissed it's taking forever. Not everyone can just up and go I only have certain days off and if like to ride when I have them.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I must be really thick skinned....you broke it, its old, they no longer support it, offered you a replacement that isn't yet available...you have a tripped planned...buy a spare. Something that you keep in your bag for when the Mammut craps out again, or someone in your group forgets theirs, or the batteries are dead, whatever...

First world problems.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I must be really thick skinned....you broke it, its old, they no longer support it, offered you a replacement that isn't yet available...you have a tripped planned...buy a spare. Something that you keep in your bag for when the Mammut craps out again, or someone in your group forgets theirs, or the batteries are dead, whatever...

First world problems.

I use my broken screen Barry vox as the toss it and try find it model.
Sounds like this one is good for the same thing.

If it's old....get a new better one...the one you wear is the one that finds your friends.
Unless yours doesn't send a signal

Reactions: RXN

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah the program they have makes me send the old one back. The part I'm mad about is not that there helping me out as this program has been around for a long time but that I was told they were going to be in mid October around the time of the sled show. Ever since then it's been 2 more weeks etc month and a half almost later. I just want my new beacon so I can have some time to play around with the features as it us night and day to what I had before the trip. My opinion is mammut dropped the ball this year on getting them out for riding season. Nothing one can do but wait and if push comes to shove rent or buy something else.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not saying one way or the other, but if not happy with the way it is going, buy another beacon, get used to it, then when new one comes in, sell it, unless you need 2 beacons. that way you are not waiting! just my thought.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can sell you a Pieps Sport for 299.00 and you would have it by thursday.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw busted transceiver in a box in April. Try to get warranty on it 2 weeks before you need it. Blame everyone else except for yourself.

Top Bottom