Abs cylinder refills free?

xteam

Reaction score
I remember hearing word this spring about free refills when testing your abs bag. wanna do mine again but wanna know if it's free or not?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to get a free refill.
Never heard anything about free refills.
Let us know if you do find out though. I am sure peeps would be interested.
Myself personally. do not like refilled bottles.
I prefer to get a new ones each year for all our avy bags. I still get a kick out of the looks of the faces on the girls when they test theirs. LOL. That could be a thread on its own.....

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i heard that the 40 bucks if to cover the shipping for the dealer back to ABS to get refilled and shipped back, i dont think its ment to be a money grab. I would like to see ABS have a tech or service person at the sled shows, offer free test fire and help people repack there bags, i have see several people miss pack there bag, i dont want to see a person not test his equipment because of 40 bucks

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test mine every year. The $45 would seem pretty cheap when your on the hill and your wondering if that two year old canister is still any good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
i think i heard that the 40 bucks if to cover the shipping for the dealer back to ABS to get refilled and shipped back, i dont think its ment to be a money grab. I would like to see ABS have a tech or service person at the sled shows, offer free test fire and help people repack there bags, i have see several people miss pack there bag, i dont want to see a person not test his equipment because of 40 bucks

That is a very good idea. Maybe send your thoughts and suggestion to ABS?
Never know, it just might happen.

Rogarian One

Reaction score
Most dealers in your area that sell the ABS Bags would most likely have replacement canisters so you don't have to send it back to ABS and wait.
Also dosent hurt to carry a spare tank and firing trigger.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Sometimes dealers offer free exchange at open houses and at sled shows, but since those are over now, the best is to call you local abs dealer and see if they have any exchange bottles and handles. If yes then blow yours off to test fire it and then bring it into the shop for the exchange. It is 35-45 dollars and yes this is for the bottles and handles to come back to our warehouse in Langley BC. Bottles are refilled to a high standard, that is why we do it in house, so makes no difference if it is a new bottle or refilled bottle. ABS systems are the safest and easiest to use on the market, below are the vids on how to repack etc. cheers dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BW5ontu9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-5PmNljqSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VGwP1BMNJM

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

sometimes we do but more often we have dealer do this, but your question is the reason why I do these videos. Thanks dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnsCFqkicM

Last edited:

DooDoo

Reaction score
I would love to test fire my pack but I have been waiting for ABS to send mine back since August.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get to test the pack at purchase time, or at least you used to hen I bought mine. That is the only time you get a "free" canister and trigger.

Top Bottom