A video I made of my last trip to Valemount

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most of the footage is at clemina(morning glory) and some from allan creek.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kick ass video Fallen, sorry about that trench in the beginning, good thing your buddies helped you out of that! Good to see some fresh snow again, can't wait to get back to the deep stuff. MCATS 4 EVA!

powpounder

Reaction score
When are people gonna learn ONLY ONE person climbing. I couldn't watch anymore of the video after seeing the two sleds climbing together. P.S maybe learn to turn out before your sled becomes stuck straight up...lol

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When are people gonna learn ONLY ONE person climbing. I couldn't watch anymore of the video after seeing the two sleds climbing together. P.S maybe learn to turn out before your sled becomes stuck straight up...lol

I quit watching after the guy went by the stuck sled. I guess we haven't learned anything from all the avy deaths. You NEVER climb past a guy that is stuck, and you NEVER have more than one sled on the hill at the same time.:nono: Sorry for the rant but we need to learn!

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually the avy warnings were at a level 1 for that area. I did my home work. sorry you didnt like my video.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know what the angle of the hill was? no!

maybe it was safe dont give him the gears im sure he knows whats going oin

some hills just dont slide and that looked pretty mellow

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice video, looks like you were on the hill to the right as you get into morning glory. It does let go every year but if you pay attention to the conditions it is usually safe. :beer::d:beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Remember keep that track spinning full throttle and turn before you lose all momentum. Track spin acts like a gyroscope and allows you to turn on a dime. Keep trying though ... practice makes perfect right! :beer::cool::beer:

duner

Reaction score
do you know what the angle of the hill was? no!

maybe it was safe dont give him the gears im sure he knows whats going oin

some hills just dont slide and that looked pretty mellow

I agree with Powpounder and Captjack, that hill was steep enough that an M7 couldn't climb it in spring conditions, and you might like the tidbit of info that it could have easily slid at that angle. I have heard of lots of hills that have slid this year, for the first time. I know guys that were killed in avalanches that never thought the hill was going to slide. There have been lots of avalanches when the warning was low, you don't take chances like 2 sleds on the same hill and climbing above your buddy when he's stuck. Mr. Miku was killed at Allen Creek when he was digging out his sled in low avalanche conditions.

Sumit 600 HO

Reaction score
ur video was awsome those hills didnt look steep going up but coming down wow how deep was the snow and was it powder or a crust:eek::eek::d

Top Bottom