A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With this chit weather we,ve been having and not wanting to spend money on the sled. I had been falling behind on the Sled maintenance.

It was starting to look pretty Ratty. So I fixed my bumper and put new rubbers in my skies(kept catching the crusty snow, went over my bars like 5times on Sat)

And ordered new skies, should be here Wensday. A Y pipe bolt vibrated out and made a big mess under the hood. Fixed that.

Bar risers and grab bar are screwed, so Ill be putting on a new(aftermarket) risers on.

The Sled is looking better, but I still need to Rebuild the front/ rear suspension. New bushings ext.

There is some slop in it. Needs to be tightened and needs bushings.

[url]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Lildukesledin/DSCF2829_zpsn3mxnr8z.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Lildukesledin/DSCF2830_zpss3dm4mkv.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Lildukesledin/DSCF2831_zpsu8rdtaw9.jpg[/URL]
Should all be warranty, ski rubber, mount bar, y pipe bolt???

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't more play in rear suspension make the
T-motion better. LOL
I had T-motion in my old 700 RMK years ago.
The more play there was the better it handled. Lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smashed some EPIC carbide deep Pow with Erik& Kayli up on Boulder today!! Haha I was surprised to see lots of untracked snow on Boulder, but 6inches deep at best.
Beautiful June day out there! lol What do yah do? Still having fun at least.

So we went and checked out some Chutes,,,,, creek open in the bottom of Bullpen,,, Icy as fawk and just over all scetchy conditions for climbing.
So we did no climbs today. Got some sun tanning in though!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should all be warranty, ski rubber, mount bar, y pipe bolt???

Sure probably, but I have the hood off already and I could take 5mins to tigthen the bolts myself(and put 1 new bolt in)

or drive 2hours to the nearest good dealer.

Ski Rubber? 20$ and I go through them like crazy.... Maybe they should give me like 20 of em..

Mount Bar? Don't want that POS on there any way, and the stock risers dont Clamp hard eneogh... Junk....

I just put some RSI risers on.

Unless its something big, warranty isn't worth my time.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha should of been able to see some ol four stroke tracks through the cut across, been through a couple times already this year!
Nope no tracks,, Snow is really down, creek/water fall is open. Good on yea though, I wouldn't want to fight the extra weight through there right now personally.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the constant updates. Easily one of the most informative threads on S&M for the second year running..
At this rate I'll be lucky to get my T3 out of break-in this year...

Thanks! If you drop your sled off in Revy,, I could put some miles on it for you? Haha :beer:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Sure probably, but I have the hood off already and I could take 5mins to tigthen the bolts myself(and put 1 new bolt in)

or drive 2hours to the nearest good dealer.

Ski Rubber? 20$ and I go through them like crazy.... Maybe they should give me like 20 of em..

Mount Bar? Don't want that POS on there any way, and the stock risers dont Clamp hard eneogh... Junk....

I just put some RSI risers on.

Unless its something big, warranty isn't worth my time.

Isnt this stuff warranty....... 4 Year bumper to bumper!

Take it to Vernon on a foggy crap day.....

A few good eats on the way there and back.... LOL

Been there done that......

They are pretty awesome dealers also///

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isnt this stuff warranty....... 4 Year bumper to bumper!

Take it to Vernon on a foggy crap day.....

They are pretty awesome dealers also///

Put the beer down Rick and read again....lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a new Bar Riser on,, should have done this 2 months ago. Got a Bar pad too.

The stock rubber bar has a serious stabber built in! Looks like a law suit to me...lol

Ill have to go find some jumps tomorrow.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With this chit weather we,ve been having and not wanting to spend money on the sled. I had been falling behind on the Sled maintenance.

It was starting to look pretty Ratty. So I fixed my bumper and put new rubbers in my skies(kept catching the crusty snow, went over my bars like 5times on Sat)

And ordered new skies, should be here Wensday. A Y pipe bolt vibrated out and made a big mess under the hood. Fixed that.

Bar risers and grab bar are screwed, so Ill be putting on a new(aftermarket) risers on.

The Sled is looking better, but I still need to Rebuild the front/ rear suspension. New bushings ext.

There is some slop in it. Needs to be tightened and needs bushings.

[url]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Lildukesledin/DSCF2829_zpsn3mxnr8z.jpg[/URL]

Wicked pics again Dan, I also agree with you on the small $20 dollar things, not worth crying wolf to warranty on them.

Friend bent his ski the same way on his 15' X, I took a heat gun and a C-clamp to it in a vise. Some elbow grease and 2 beer later you couldn't tell the difference between the good ski and the bent one. Just a thought, might save ya a couple days worth of fuel.....

Stock spec bars Dan ? Or a little wider/taller? I tend to move my bars ever couple rides no matter how tight I torque them... Staring to get annoyed.

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Dan! Glad to see you got rid of the sissy bar. Guess it's time to build some kickers and put those raptors to the test. That was a nice drop we hit on Monday. Hopefully K got it on her Camera. Ride safe bud see you in March when the snow hits

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked pics again Dan, I also agree with you on the small $20 dollar things, not worth crying wolf to warranty on them.

Friend bent his ski the same way on his 15' X, I took a heat gun and a C-clamp to it in a vise. Some elbow grease and 2 beer later you couldn't tell the difference between the good ski and the bent one. Just a thought, might save ya a couple days worth of fuel.....

Stock spec bars Dan ? Or a little wider/taller? I tend to move my bars ever couple rides no matter how tight I torque them... Staring to get annoyed.

Good idea on the heat gun, but I already ordered the skies...lol Got a different color though, so switching it up a bit.

Those are the stock bars and the risers are 1/2inch higher than stock.

They Clamp way tighter. My stock ones moved all the time, super annoying in the trees and dangerous when jumping.

The loose risers saved my steering column in a roll over(down air port) though, so its a trade off.:beer:

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Dan! Glad to see you got rid of the sissy bar. Guess it's time to build some kickers and put those raptors to the test. That was a nice drop we hit on Monday. Hopefully K got it on her Camera. Ride safe bud see you in March when the snow hits

Got my fingers crossed! Hope it dumps here soon, but making the best out it, going to check out a new zone with Alek tomorrow:beer:

Top Bottom