A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^What he said. But seeing those deep pow Picts. Might have to make a jan run to bc then painful wait till March for another

We need a pow vid pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Rotax_Kid, thanks for the post.

I just spent half an hour cleaning my computer of the coffe I spewed laughing so hard......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what? I already lost all my stuff,,its only stuff though and I gained my freedom. I can get new stuff.

Ill work on a Pow vid in a couple days, when my friends go home. I dont even want to ride to day at all, but I already committed.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Dan,
Have you been to Griffith yet?

Looking into a day trip up there next week..... you interested.
You could load up on my deck.
Gibsons will be coming down also...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was lacking motivation today, but glad I went out. My friend Dan wanted to bust into turtle and we had 4 guys with us
that hmm how should I say this; Need some more practice at sledding.

I said sure what ever, but I'm not pulling on ski's all day and waiting around.

So me and Dan busted in the trail to the Alpine(and had a BLAST doing it)

Made it to the Alpine, was socked right in and the rest of the crew couldn't follow our tracks up. So we dropped
down and took them to Boulder for a couple hours and lost them again some how...lol

PS: I wouldn't recommend trying to go into Turtle this route right now, Super scetchy Avy conditions and you have
a LOT of exposure getting up there.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend Dan wanted to bust into turtle and we had 4 guys with us
that hmm how should I say this; Need some more practice at sledding.

That's a good situation to be in. It's a great excuse to do more sledding!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I felt like a beat down dog. Ny friend Travis came to town for the day. He kinda likes just ripping around a little bit and having a couple pops.

Doesn't take it serious. So that sounded ok to me, just go for a easy little tour.

After an epic week of riding, today I'm giving my body a much needed break!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i
Well yesterday I felt like a beat down dog. Ny friend Travis came to town for the day. He kinda likes just ripping around a little bit and having a couple pops.

Doesn't take it serious. So that sounded ok to me, just go for a easy little tour.

After an epic week of riding, today I'm giving my body a much needed break!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/lilduke71/DSCF1827_zpsf371c9a0.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/lilduke71/DSCF1828_zps236f6861.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/lilduke71/DSCF1829_zps2e4e51e2.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/lilduke71/DSCF1831_zpsd9e9f47b.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/lilduke71/DSCF1834_zpsf8566e94.jpg

Nice pics. Dan. That last one of the town is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty Quite in Revy today, almost no sleds in town. Going to do a little work to the sled to get ready for the next go around.

With all the fresh and heavy snow, my sled was having a hard time holding RPM. I am on clicker 4 and don't want to go higher than that.

Think it comes stock with a 21 tooth top sprocket, so I'm going to put on the 19 tooth that comes with the 174. Hoping that will help with the problem.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Thistledoo

Reaction score
my 174 is on clicker 4 also and its seems to hold rpm great 7900-8000 everytime I look and a 36mph track speed
I saw your sled a the boulder cabin Saturday and was gonna say hi but you never came back??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 174 is on clicker 4 also and its seems to hold rpm great 7900-8000 everytime I look and a 36mph track speed
I saw your sled a the boulder cabin Saturday and was gonna say hi but you never came back??

Haha I was in the cabin BSin on Saturday,, was very sore, tired and hungover. Pretty much stoked the fire all day,,,lol

I have the 163track and on clicker 4 it hits 7900 but will drop as low as 7400. The 174 is geared lower than the 163.

im going to put the 19tooth in and that should help alot.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty Quite in Revy today, almost no sleds in town. Going to do a little work to the sled to get ready for the next go around.

With all the fresh and heavy snow, my sled was having a hard time holding RPM. I am on clicker 4 and don't want to go higher than that.

Think it comes stock with a 21 tooth top sprocket, so I'm going to put on the 19 tooth that comes with the 174. Hoping that will help with the problem.

Thoughts?

I ran the 19/51 setup last year with mine, and it had the old style 3". Clutching between the two sleds is exactly the same. It held rpm all the time in all conditions on clicker 3. So in other words... It will work. Keep an eye on you tension so it doesn't have a crazy big dog leg. Will have a lot more bottom end grunt for tree work.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the 19/51 setup last year with mine, and it had the old style 3". Clutching between the two sleds is exactly the same. It held rpm all the time in all conditions on clicker 3. So in other words... It will work. Keep an eye on you tension so it doesn't have a crazy big dog leg. Will have a lot more bottom end grunt for tree work.

Thanks, yeah the theory seemed pretty sound in my head when I came up with it! lol
Got a 19 tooth sprocket from the sled shed today, so I'll find out soon if it works better or not.

What I really need is Boost,,,, and a spare sled...haha :beer:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah the theory seemed pretty sound in my head when I came up with it! lol
Got a 19 tooth sprocket from the sled shed today, so I'll find out soon if it works better or not.

What I really need is Boost,,,, and a spare sled...haha :beer:

You will wonder why you didn't put the 19 in before the season started ............. me thinks :D

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will wonder why you didn't put the 19 in before the season started ............. me thinks :D

My friend Riley put one in at the start of the season, I should have too. Figured I'd try it stock first though:beer:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I was in the cabin BSin on Saturday,, was very sore, tired and hungover. Pretty much stoked the fire all day,,,lol

I have the 163track and on clicker 4 it hits 7900 but will drop as low as 7400. The 174 is geared lower than the 163.

im going to put the 19tooth in and that should help alot.

Two of us will be there and riding on Wednesday, Dan. We might have to meet up.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I'd Probably be game for a ride on Wednesday, let me know:beer:

Dont expend all your energy big guy!
Will be there on Thursday.

Damn Ford, had to change all rad hoses and BOTH thermostats... Yes two thermostats in thoose damn diesels..
Runs alot better but still have one more code to fix tonight...

Go for Sushi (Not Susie) and you will feel better.. LOL
See you in a few days..

Top Bottom