A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably around 100 codes of riding with the brakes on.

Bad sensor or sticky switch though, was an annoying problem
Till I unplugged it

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up guys. BRP warranty doesn't like multiple over heat codes on sleds for engine warranty. They have been requesting for quite a while now BUD's files for engine repairs. Last year they killed a engine repair for overheating at our store. Cracked cylinder and pistons. Customer was not happy and in the end blamed us for not doing enough. Our service manager spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get him the repair but we were still the bad guys? Just watch your gauges and stop to cool down is all I'm saying. Save your self and your dealer the grief

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I get a lot of brake/ gas codes breaking trail when its socked in. I tend to hover/ drag the brake the whole time in anticipation of that wind lip that grew overnight.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up guys. BRP warranty doesn't like multiple over heat codes on sleds for engine warranty. They have been requesting for quite a while now BUD's files for engine repairs. Last year they killed a engine repair for overheating at our store. Cracked cylinder and pistons. Customer was not happy and in the end blamed us for not doing enough. Our service manager spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get him the repair but we were still the bad guys? Just watch your gauges and stop to cool down is all I'm saying. Save your self and your dealer the grief

Yeah that was a t3 problem. Like I said this one never over heated at all.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I get a lot of brake/ gas codes breaking trail when its socked in. I tend to hover/ drag the brake the whole time in anticipation of that wind lip that grew overnight.

My sensor was sticking. I'd be pushing the oposit
Way on the lever trying to get the stupid thing
To stfu

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Will it actually throw a light on the cluster when it overheats or just the temp gauge maxes out?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good post. Many times folks think becuz they got warranty they are invincible. That little black box records lots of things, remember that. :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good post. Many times folks think becuz they got warranty they are invincible. That little black box records lots of things, remember that. :)

Had a customer lose all his extended warranty last year because he had an engine light erased at West Yellowstone. Brp didn't lake the air intake numbers when they saw the file and killed his warranty. Sucked for him as motor went a few weeks later and it was all out of pocket even after the turbo was removed. Can't blame the manufacturer though.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a customer lose all his extended warranty last year because he had an engine light erased at West Yellowstone. Brp didn't lake the air intake numbers when they saw the file and killed his warranty. Sucked for him as motor went a few weeks later and it was all out of pocket even after the turbo was removed. Can't blame the manufacturer though.
How high were his air intake numbers.
Higher than 30C?
Curious as to what the threshold is.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jet get candoo, you can read codes, delete them, and change some parameters.. Doing it all the time.. Dealer can do the same if they wish

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The files are always there fred. Buds 2 is a lot more sophisticated than the Buds 1 and Can Doo version. Files are saved once downloaded. You need a newer system.

Top Bottom