A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a little trick to beef up the stock rail for cheap. The stock rail reinforcement on the free ride aren't too bad, but they are too short.

But if you get more of those kits(that can be had cheap) you can add them to the rails in creative ways.

Check it out... For this mod, you need 2 extra rail reinforcement kits because you clamp 2 together, one on each side of the rail.

Need bomber rails, but this will get me through the season.

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your kind of like me. Every time i work on my sled I add weight beefing it up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you compare to the older iron from Ski Doo you can see the difference to the new stuff.

Trying to save a couple pounds in all the wrong places.

The older stuff is better that the newer stuff,(as far as strength goes) getting worse as time goes by. IMO

People want a lighter sled these days I guess. I think there is better places to lose weight than the skid though!!

2007 Rev skid (factory bomber rails and real steal skid!)

rev.jpg

2008 xp skid (birth of the swiss cheese lightweight rail; but the skid was still made out of metal...)

xp.jpg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been kind of chitty weather in Revelstoke the last couple weeks, so only rode a few times.
Sun came out today and it has snowed a bunch. So things were lining up for an epic day.

Looked full blue at Turtle, so ride there and maybe head to Copeland was the plan.

Get to the turn off on the KIrkup not a single track headed that way(front way) but a bunch of fresh. F#k yeah.

Get to the base of the climb. (If you've never seen it, its a big pull. Several KM's. long...)

So Im busting trail on the old Freeride and get about 3/4 of the way to the top. By this point Ive been full throttle for
over 5 minutes. Im literally about 5m from one of the upper benches where I planned to stop to let it cool down, and she started to loose power.
I was kicking and yelling go baby, when it seized up solid....

So rolled the sled, took the belt off and gravity got me most of the way down the hill. By this point it had been about 20mins
so I decided to try to start the sled to avoid towing 10km through the turtle whoops.

Sure as chit she fired up, so I told my friends Id ride to the truck and radio them if It blows, trying to save them the trip down because
the conditions were awesome.

I made it to 4k on the kirkup and it completely **** the bed, so they came down to tow me the rest of the way.

Adam doesn't have any snow flap, and that 3inch Cat track throws the Ice so that was a fun 4kms...lol

So looks like Im down for a bit, sending it in for a warranty motor.

All in all turned out good. Was the funnest climb I've done in a while, never had to fly it off the mountain (thank God we never made it to Copeland!)
and probably get a free motor out of the deal.

Hopefully Ill get it fixed in time to go rip up the Cariboo closures and hit some booters in the sun.

But till then Stay Hard Revelstoke :firefire:

jjj.jpg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to my friend Adam who towed me that 4km with his mountain cat.

Well him and my friend Lyndon went back up. Lyndon is on a 18 Freeride 850.

Now Adam cooked his motor on the Cat!! (second one this year on the 18 chitty kitty btw)

And Lyndon towed him out with the 8fiddy.

Team Skidoo made a come back in the second half! haha

Hard day on engines out there for the crew.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to my friend Adam who towed me that 4km with his mountain cat.

Well him and my friend Lyndon went back up. Lyndon is on a 18 Freeride 850.

Now Adam cooked his motor on the Cat!! (second one this year on the 18 chitty kitty btw)

And Lyndon towed him out with the 8fiddy.

Team Skidoo made a come back in the second half! haha

Hard day on engines out there for the crew.
High millage club.

A four year warranty goes a long ways for you.

I guess your engine hasn't been tore down yet, but I'd be curious to hear what failed.

And what happened with your buddies cat?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not many guys get their money out of a sled, you sir are far ahead with a new mill in that freeride. Add bombers and bring on 2019 lol. When you get a shop like CKMP, hang the blue beast on the wall like Carl's 47c

not done with this freeride yet trust me. Bombers are on the list, these rails are tweaked in a few spots.

High millage club.

A four year warranty goes a long ways for you.

I guess your engine hasn't been tore down yet, but I'd be curious to hear what failed.

And what happened with your buddies cat?

Only got the 2 year warranty on this one. Extended warranty might be worth it.

See how this one goes first. I kind of want Linderman to port this motor and do some head work ext
so probably won't extend the warranty.

This just happened today, so not sure the causes yet. Was a lot of full throttle, but weird our sleds blew up the same day though.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not done with this freeride yet trust me. Bombers are on the list, these rails are tweaked in a few spots.

Only got the 2 year warranty on this one. Extended warranty might be worth it.

See how this one goes first. I kind of want Linderman to port this motor and do some head work ext
so probably won't extend the warranty.

This just happened today, so not sure the causes yet. Was a lot of full throttle, but weird our sleds blew up the same day though.
Cool, what about buddies cat?
What failed on the first engine?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, what about buddies cat?
What failed on the first engine?

When the first motor went he figures it sucked in snow. This time not sure yet, he thinks the crank or bearings went.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the first motor went he figures it sucked in snow. This time not sure yet, he thinks the crank or bearings went.
Tell him to check the fuse for his oil pump.
Them seem to dislodge from the fuse holder amoung the jumping crowd.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him to check the fuse for his oil pump.
Them seem to dislodge from the fuse holder amoung the jumping crowd.

Ill mention that. But think he is just dropping it off at the dealer and they'll figure it out I guess.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had my free ride go in for motor warranty this winter they had to show brp pics of the sled with the mud flap. Scratchers. And a non dented pipe.

Just fyi

They don't come with scratchers. Could throw
The mud flap back on. If they want to be dick about
It what ever. Motor tech treats me good, not worried

Top Bottom