A Mans WORD is His WORD..... Right?

polguy

Reaction score
I hear your. Last fall I had a set of winter tires off my wifes former car, had sold the car about a year before. I figured what the heck, I put them on Kijjiji, asked $200.00 which seemed pretty fair to me. A guy calls and comes out to look at them, he just struck me wrong, kinda yappy. He spend the 1st 15 mintues in my yard telling me how great he was, how much money he made and how cool the sound system was in his car. He took his time to knock everything he could about the tires, he offered me $100.00. I told him no thanks, I have changed my mind, Im going to keep them.

The next day a younger girl, well maybe better to call her a young lady (22, 23 years old I guessed) called, she came out to have a look a them. She was driving a similar car to what my wife had, ok shape but you could tell the maintenace was lacking, and she had a baby seat in the back with a 1 year old in it. She said times were a bit tuff, anything I could do with the price? I loaded them in the back and sent her on her way. No charge. The money I would have gotten for the tires would have been pissed away on something that I wouldnt have remembered by the next day, but she had a nice smile and I liked the way she presented herself. Maybe I am a sucker, but it felt good.

You are a good man Tom, but was it his girl friend maybe? LOL

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I hear your. Last fall I had a set of winter tires off my wifes former car, had sold the car about a year before. I figured what the heck, I put them on Kijjiji, asked $200.00 which seemed pretty fair to me. A guy calls and comes out to look at them, he just struck me wrong, kinda yappy. He spend the 1st 15 mintues in my yard telling me how great he was, how much money he made and how cool the sound system was in his car. He took his time to knock everything he could about the tires, he offered me $100.00. I told him no thanks, I have changed my mind, Im going to keep them.

The next day a younger girl, well maybe better to call her a young lady (22, 23 years old I guessed) called, she came out to have a look a them. She was driving a similar car to what my wife had, ok shape but you could tell the maintenace was lacking, and she had a baby seat in the back with a 1 year old in it. She said times were a bit tuff, anything I could do with the price? I loaded them in the back and sent her on her way. No charge. The money I would have gotten for the tires would have been pissed away on something that I wouldnt have remembered by the next day, but she had a nice smile and I liked the way she presented herself. Maybe I am a sucker, but it felt good.

I have done the same thing if you advertise for free or too cheap people come out complain about what you have because they don't need it they want to make a buck off it. We had furniture to get rid of to keep the vultures away we put a price on it. It was far from new no rips or stains was super clean but it was from the 90's couple people in a newer truck shown up to complain about a basically told us they would do us a favor by taking it off our hands the way they talked they had a store or flew market table. 2 early 20's or late teens kids shown up with a baby was impressed by the condition and said they'd take it if I could deliver it full price. Me and the young guy loaded and delivered it to this dumpy apartment in Beverly where they had nothing kitchen chairs in the living room milk crates for end tables. They went to pay me I told them the money was way more important to them than it was to me. Then we went and purged our house and mother in laws house tables, chairs, bed room set, tv, lamps, baby clothes, toys made a truck load and took it back rang the buzzer they were so happy to see it made a guy feel good. When we were done their house looked like a home They said we have done more for them than their parents and done for them.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I sell a lot of things via kijiji and message boards I cannot tell you how many times I have been burned with if you can wait till tomorrow, can you wait till payday or the I'll take but I cannot come over till tonight never to show. I always ask for their phone number then I tell everyone 1st person on my doorstep with cash takes if it sells before you can get here I will call you usually met with a of whining but always works....but I do sometimes make exceptions

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2. It's amazing how many ignorant douchebags there are out there....and most of them hangout on Kijiji. I've tried being the nice guy by delivering ch!t to people, but it always ends up kicking my ass. Fawk that....if they want it, they can come to me....otherwise there's no commitment on their part.

hey todd i need a case of keystone, 2bucks in it for ya, if ya can deliver in the next hr.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done the same thing if you advertise for free or too cheap people come out complain about what you have because they don't need it they want to make a buck off it. We had furniture to get rid of to keep the vultures away we put a price on it. It was far from new no rips or stains was super clean but it was from the 90's couple people in a newer truck shown up to complain about a basically told us they would do us a favor by taking it off our hands the way they talked they had a store or flew market table. 2 early 20's or late teens kids shown up with a baby was impressed by the condition and said they'd take it if I could deliver it full price. Me and the young guy loaded and delivered it to this dumpy apartment in Beverly where they had nothing kitchen chairs in the living room milk crates for end tables. They went to pay me I told them the money was way more important to them than it was to me. Then we went and purged our house and mother in laws house tables, chairs, bed room set, tv, lamps, baby clothes, toys made a truck load and took it back rang the buzzer they were so happy to see it made a guy feel good. When we were done their house looked like a home They said we have done more for them than their parents and done for them.

That's a awesome thing to do. People like that who actually need it and deserve a bit of a hand, and will actually really appreciate it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had fairly good lucky on kijiji actually, held a road armour bumper for 2 weeks for a guy because he said he was in camp. Came the day he said, and paid the price no questions asked. But generally I say first one with cash. On exception is i've had people coming from out of town I will hold it to give them enough time to drive to get it, because that's only right. If someone is driving 10 hours, they have to know it will still be there when they get there. Plus if they are driving that far it's a lot of commitment to buy it, so never overly worried.

Only issue I had when a guy came to look at a sled, said he'd take it. Was riding a bike so said he couldn't take it today, but would leave a deposit and get it another day, asked if i'd deliver after. I said I might be going his way that night and if so i'd deliver for free. Called him and told him no I wasn't, but for $50 I will deliver it. Get there and deliver it, says he will only pay an extra $40 for delivery.Not about the money, but I just drove 1 hour each way to deliver a sled for what should of been $50, how many people are that nice to do that in the first place?

Call me gullible, but I am still pretty nice on kijiji about holding stuff, etc. There is still some good people out there.....

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I've had fairly good lucky on kijiji actually, held a road armour bumper for 2 weeks for a guy because he said he was in camp. Came the day he said, and paid the price no questions asked. But generally I say first one with cash. On exception is i've had people coming from out of town I will hold it to give them enough time to drive to get it, because that's only right. If someone is driving 10 hours, they have to know it will still be there when they get there. Plus if they are driving that far it's a lot of commitment to buy it, so never overly worried.

Only issue I had when a guy came to look at a sled, said he'd take it. Was riding a bike so said he couldn't take it today, but would leave a deposit and get it another day, asked if i'd deliver after. I said I might be going his way that night and if so i'd deliver for free. Called him and told him no I wasn't, but for $50 I will deliver it. Get there and deliver it, says he will only pay an extra $40 for delivery.Not about the money, but I just drove 1 hour each way to deliver a sled for what should of been $50, how many people are that nice to do that in the first place?

Call me gullible, but I am still pretty nice on kijiji about holding stuff, etc. There is still some good people out there.....

Seriously I couldn't even get past the first sentence of this post....no sh!t

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

what does kijiji have over S&M????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM me your visa info...I'll deliver anything you need...whenever you need it.

-225-576-542-309 xpirey 12- 9 - 14

so like the pizza asap, 30mins or free, 2 flats keystone, chop chop or no tip.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 20 4 x 8 sheets of brand new OSB 7/8" tounge and groove that I dont need so I advertised on Kijiji. Was offering them at 1/3rd the retail price. Had a crap load of call's in no time. So.... I told the first guy that said "he would give me what I was asking if I delivered them to him".... no problem, they were already loaded in my cargo trailer. He had to wait to get to the bank to get cash. In the mean time I had more calls offering more money. I told people that I had already gave my word to the first guy. I also told this to the first guy as I waited for him to get the cash.

Anyhow, drove 40 minutes one way to deliver them at my own expense.... unloaded the sheets into his garage.... then he hands me the cash, 50 buks less then we agreed on, said that's all he had. :nono: Seriously, after all i did for him. I didnt leave until he went back in the house and brought out the rest of the cash. Jerk
If that was me by the time he came back the sheets would have been loaded and he could k m ass turned the chip up to 5 and left some mean rutts in his driveway.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those guys watch pawn stars way too much. Ripping off everyone they can....

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Translation: "She Was Hot" :)

Awesome to hear these stories..... nice to know there are great guys out there. :beer: It always feels good to help someone out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the old crappy car and sweet young thing , rubbin up to the ol guy, just to get a better deal trick

Top Bottom