A Mans WORD is His WORD..... Right?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 20 4 x 8 sheets of brand new OSB 7/8" tounge and groove that I dont need so I advertised on Kijiji. Was offering them at 1/3rd the retail price. Had a crap load of call's in no time. So.... I told the first guy that said "he would give me what I was asking if I delivered them to him".... no problem, they were already loaded in my cargo trailer. He had to wait to get to the bank to get cash. In the mean time I had more calls offering more money. I told people that I had already gave my word to the first guy. I also told this to the first guy as I waited for him to get the cash.

Anyhow, drove 40 minutes one way to deliver them at my own expense.... unloaded the sheets into his garage.... then he hands me the cash, 50 buks less then we agreed on, said that's all he had. :nono: Seriously, after all i did for him. I didnt leave until he went back in the house and brought out the rest of the cash. Jerk

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My philosophy is "yes your word is your bond", I am surprised you didn't load up the sheets and tell him what for( sure easier said than done). But what a crock o' poo for trying to pull that stunt after you delivered it.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should have laid a lickin' on the pri*k

x2. It's amazing how many ignorant douchebags there are out there....and most of them hangout on Kijiji. I've tried being the nice guy by delivering ch!t to people, but it always ends up kicking my ass. Fawk that....if they want it, they can come to me....otherwise there's no commitment on their part.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My philosophy is "yes your word is your bond", I am surprised you didn't load up the sheets and tell him what for( sure easier said than done). But what a crock o' poo for trying to pull that stunt after you delivered it.

After unloading 20 sheets of 7/8 osb (heavy) I was in no mood to RELOAD them!! I waited for the cash. :eek:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots O douche bags breathing the same air as us honest people do. I made a guy I worked with an offer for an inflatable boat with a 40hp O/B a number of years ago. I told him I would be out the next day to pay for it and pick it up. I drove 40 miles for him to tell me some other guy offered him more money for it so he sold it to him.

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should have pulled out a lighter and a jerry can and said well I guess this was a waste of my time.

HID power

Reaction score
I had 20 4 x 8 sheets of brand new OSB 7/8" tounge and groove that I dont need so I advertised on Kijiji. Was offering them at 1/3rd the retail price. Had a crap load of call's in no time. So.... I told the first guy that said "he would give me what I was asking if I delivered them to him".... no problem, they were already loaded in my cargo trailer. He had to wait to get to the bank to get cash. In the mean time I had more calls offering more money. I told people that I had already gave my word to the first guy. I also told this to the first guy as I waited for him to get the cash.

Anyhow, drove 40 minutes one way to deliver them at my own expense.... unloaded the sheets into his garage.... then he hands me the cash, 50 buks less then we agreed on, said that's all he had. :nono: Seriously, after all i did for him. I didnt leave until he went back in the house and brought out the rest of the cash. Jerk
While he was in the house, you should have thrown 4 or 5 sheets back into your trailer and then say as you drive away "oh, sorry, I forgot to factor in freight and bullch!t...keep the $50"

"

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least handling it the way you did you can still look in the mirror and see a man with INTEGRITY, Congatulations on having Class with a capital C. IMHO

Exactly...."Class" is not what you do in a situation.....it's what you do "next"

You handled the situation with class.....

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. A guy told me he would hold a sled deck for me no problem because I was working out of town for a week. When I got back and called him to go pick it up he had sold it on me

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That type of thing is rampant in the Kijjijii world. To many guys watch Auction Hunters and Storage Wars and think they are the worlds greatest haggles, so they pull stunts. Screwing the neighbor over 20 bucks seems to have become a sport.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you figure out real quick who has class and who doesn't. Dealt with a few people in my life that i would't give my two cents to as they would take that too!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you figure out real quick who has class and who doesn't. Dealt with a few people in my life that i would't give my two cents to as they would take that too!

I hear your. Last fall I had a set of winter tires off my wifes former car, had sold the car about a year before. I figured what the heck, I put them on Kijjiji, asked $200.00 which seemed pretty fair to me. A guy calls and comes out to look at them, he just struck me wrong, kinda yappy. He spend the 1st 15 mintues in my yard telling me how great he was, how much money he made and how cool the sound system was in his car. He took his time to knock everything he could about the tires, he offered me $100.00. I told him no thanks, I have changed my mind, Im going to keep them.

The next day a younger girl, well maybe better to call her a young lady (22, 23 years old I guessed) called, she came out to have a look a them. She was driving a similar car to what my wife had, ok shape but you could tell the maintenace was lacking, and she had a baby seat in the back with a 1 year old in it. She said times were a bit tuff, anything I could do with the price? I loaded them in the back and sent her on her way. No charge. The money I would have gotten for the tires would have been pissed away on something that I wouldnt have remembered by the next day, but she had a nice smile and I liked the way she presented herself. Maybe I am a sucker, but it felt good.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear your. Last fall I had a set of winter tires off my wifes former car, had sold the car about a year before. I figured what the heck, I put them on Kijjiji, asked $200.00 which seemed pretty fair to me. A guy calls and comes out to look at them, he just struck me wrong, kinda yappy. He spend the 1st 15 mintues in my yard telling me how great he was, how much money he made and how cool the sound system was in his car. He took his time to knock everything he could about the tires, he offered me $100.00. I told him no thanks, I have changed my mind, Im going to keep them.

The next day a younger girl, well maybe better to call her a young lady (22, 23 years old I guessed) called, she came out to have a look a them. She was driving a similar car to what my wife had, ok shape but you could tell the maintenace was lacking, and she had a baby seat in the back with a 1 year old in it. She said times were a bit tuff, anything I could do with the price? I loaded them in the back and sent her on her way. No charge. The money I would have gotten for the tires would have been pissed away on something that I wouldnt have remembered by the next day, but she had a nice smile and I liked the way she presented herself. Maybe I am a sucker, but it felt good.

good on you. That was a very nice thing to do.

Top Bottom