A DVX400 good for my first atv?

the_ruski_mofo

Reaction score
i was looking thru Cl recently and found the perfect deal, dont know if a dvx400 is a good starting atv and is there alot of mods i could do to it later on..?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was looking thru Cl recently and found the perfect deal, dont know if a dvx400 is a good starting atv and is there alot of mods i could do to it later on..?

DVX, Z400, and KFX400 are all the exact same quad except for plastics from what i remember. My brother had a Z400, theres tons of mods out there but as a starter quad it might be a little much depending on your skill level/how crazy you drive lol. personally I never felt comfortable on it due to its high seat height compared to my warrior 350. That being said the 400 is a lot faster and has a much better suspension than my old warrior so the body position probably just takes some time to get used to.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 03 LTZ 400 same quad but from Suzuki. Suzuki and Kawasaki traded a few models and rebaged them awhile back any way it had good power and handled good to also has a reverse a must for a trail quad I put slightly taller tires on it for better clearance and it was a great trail quad.As far as it being a good starter quad it depends if you can ride a motor cycle and are familiar with the use of a clutch and gears. if you are it could be all right but if you have no experience you might be better off with a CVT type quad get used to it than go to a manual gear box sport quad One other thing with sport quads is low ground clearance at the back axel you have to ride on the top of the ruts caused by the 4x4 quads. I have rode lots of this type of quad I had a warrior 350 and a Raptor 700 and had a lot of great rides on all of them but I now ride a 4x4 not as young as I used to be.

Top Bottom