A couple of things I have noticed.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did testing and temp readings with guard/without, plus different amounts of shimming on the secondary. I stopped when I found what worked on my sled. Believe me, I tried to believe the guard might work, but not on mine, it was sooo hot! Now is good. Later I installed a few vents in the panel. In my opinion, BRP didn't fix anything--just put a bandaid on a greater problem. So there...

Wouldnt of it been easier to just take the black shroud off instead swiss cheesing the crap out of it. Saved yourself some time?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did almost 7000 km on my 11' on original plugs.

Thats great. Others not so lucky. If your not taking a spare belt, plugs,key and some hand tools into the backcountry then you better be carrying a sat phone guys. If I had to call a chopper because a plug fouled my buddies would laugh me off the hill. Lol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thats great. Others not so lucky. If your not taking a spare belt, plugs,key and some hand tools into the backcountry then you better be carrying a sat phone guys. If I had to call a chopper because a plug fouled my buddies would laugh me off the hill. Lol.

Not only the fouled plug but one carries spare plugs and then there is no wrench to change it? If all your buds are on XM's there will not be a spark plug wrench.

Better be prepared…………:danceMsn:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not only the fouled plug but one carries spare plugs and then there is no wrench to change it? If all your buds are on XM's there will not be a spark plug wrench.

Send BRP a letter Doug.They need to hear from the consumers. No worries with my buddies. We carry extra gear.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAH!!!

When I get stuck, I roll the sled sometimes to get out.. That would be a BIG MESS!!!

Even super whoopy traile that would be a scatter of tools.

but then again, all I ride is the mountains/.

Good luck with that.

My tool kit upgrade! Best 15 dollars spent!

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone else notice sag in the rear suspension. thought i read about it somewhere as well. after the first day out, put it in the garage and its sagging down atleast 4". lift up the rear end and it just drops.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAH!!!

When I get stuck, I roll the sled sometimes to get out.. That would be a BIG MESS!!!

Even super whoopy traile that would be a scatter of tools.

but then again, all I ride is the mountains/.

Good luck with that.

Its got a zip up lid... FYI..... its open to show the storage available..... NOTHING WILL FALL OUT when its zipped up...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I asked the mechanic at one of the dealers and he said the reason they don't have a plug wrench is because you will never need to change it. Do it once a year pre-season and it should be good to go. Also the reason the hood doesn't come off easy-BRP says no reason to really be in there.
I know I will be packing a wrench, plugs and all the tools to get at it cause I would sure look dumb being towed or doubling out for a plug!!
It will be interesting to see at the end of the season how many guys actually have had to do a plug change on the hill.

Last edited:

sledder325

Reaction score
anyone else notice sag in the rear suspension. thought i read about it somewhere as well. after the first day out, put it in the garage and its sagging down atleast 4". lift up the rear end and it just drops.
i heard from a dealer you need to put a stiffer front and rear springs on the suspension shocks in the new xm its only 110 dollars

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard from a dealer you need to put a stiffer front and rear springs on the suspension shocks in the new xm its only 110 dollars

The rear springs have been too light for awhile if you are over 200 pounds. Even a light weight like me ran the heavier rear springs on the lowest setting as running the light springs on the hardest setting doesn't give you the same spring rate.

Be careful with the heavier springs. Sometimes they are shorter and will not work with the t motion.

What I found though with the t motion is the geometry change has left a slightly soft initial compression but it does get stiffer even with the stock springs. Almost acts like a dual rate spring.

I would run the stock ones before swapping unless again you are a prototypical cat rider.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got the heavier springs in the front already. anyone upgrade the rear?

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do believe the stock susp is too soft, but i posted this on dootalk as well and someone pointed this out. when the suspension was dropping right away, i had the track and skis on dollies. i pulled the dollies out and the suspension didn't drop anymore. wtf? can anyone explain this?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do believe the stock susp is too soft, but i posted this on dootalk as well and someone pointed this out. when the suspension was dropping right away, i had the track and skis on dollies. i pulled the dollies out and the suspension didn't drop anymore. wtf? can anyone explain this?

The dollies slide away from each other stretching the track back and compressing the skid.

gwalstra

Reaction score
Something I noticed today was the paint rubbing off of my A-Arms do to rubbing of the new travel cover. Anybody else have this issue?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354656793237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354656793237.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom