Some of my GEN 4 Storage solutions

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have been getting asked a lot about some of the things I have done with my GEN 4 for addition storage, for goggles, tool kit and survival gear. Did these things to get weight off my bag, and also don't need to purchase BRP's bulky looking bag/accessories. I did 3 main things.

1. Added Storage to the compartment where the Battery would sit. Used this space for emergency supplies and things I would not utilize on a daily basis. First aid kit, Survival Kit, Tow rope/strap, starter clutch rope, and a few other smalls.

IMG_2242.jpg IMG_2243.jpg IMG_2244.jpg

2. I always hated carrying tool on my back, why did ski-doo go away with the handy plastic under hood compartments on the ZX's and REV's...? So I decided to kick it back old school and base my tool holder off of that design, using 3" PVC and Cap. Used the KLIM tool bag to fit into it with a ski strap to keep it from bouncing out.

IMG_2240.jpg IMG_2239.jpg IMG_2241.jpg

3. Goggle storage and dryer, Loved it on my XM's over the clutch side, miss it on the GEN 4. So picked up this handy mesh bag and mounted it on the MAG side and seams to work decent, with 3 days on the sled no issues so far! Just a couple of holes and a zip tie and done!

IMG_2336.PNG IMG_2249.jpg

Mike

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good ideas!! I sure wish Doo would come up with a linq tunnel bag that didnt look like a steamer truck from the 1800's !!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of did some similar changes but started with doo parts.
Seat extension bag - just the little one and the dash/windscreen extension so a couple pairs of gloves nd a couple bottles water fit in.
As soon as I decide on a can, I have an old doo plastic tool bag to pop rivet in.

I also like a lightsh??? avy bag on my back and still have tools on the hill to fix Cats and Poos.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also like a lightsh??? avy bag on my back and still have tools on the hill to fix Cats and Poos.

Ya I went down to the new snowpulse ridge 3.0 (15l) from the highmark (22l). Notice the weight difference right away

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't that bag melt by the can? Missing the goggle drier x10000

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best tool kit I've ever owned was the old rectangular box from my early 90's phaser! Been on every sled I've owned since!

Top Bottom