A couple of things I have noticed.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It's not a big deal, I don't think, but it is different. Here is a picture of the tool kit. The secondary spinner for changing the belt, the 10-13 basic wrench, and the spanner for adjusting the shocks. There is also a rope and the plastic holder for the side of the clutch. Note there is no spark plug wrench.

I also noticed that the bottom of the rear storage compartment does not have a bottom, therefore, when you take the seat off (not that we doo that everyday) everything is going to fall out. It is also different so just to let everyone know.

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a big deal, I don't think, but it is different. Here is a picture of the tool kit. The secondary spinner for changing the belt, the 10-13 basic wrench, and the spanner for adjusting the shocks. There is also a rope and the plastic holder for the side of the clutch. Note there is no spark plug wrench.

I also noticed that the bottom of the rear storage compartment does not have a bottom, therefore, when you take the seat off (not that we doo that everyday) everything is going to fall out. It is also different so just to let everyone know.

Got to get the weight down somehow, LOL JK :p
Is that spanner wrenches large opening the right size for the spark plugs?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
betcha one of the hex openings in the spanner wrench would do your plugs

my dealer told me i dont need to carry spare plugs since etecs dont foul plugs.. he told me the plugs would outlast a season. .i didnt even buy spare plugs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my dealer told me i dont need to carry spare plugs since etecs dont foul plugs.. he told me the plugs would outlast a season. .i didnt even buy spare plugs

Is your dealer going to deliver some to you on the hill when one fails? Lol. Trust me they can fail. I have seen it twice firsthand. For the price of a couple plugs isn't peace of mind worth at least that?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your dealer going to deliver some to you on the hill when one fails? Lol. Trust me they can fail. I have seen it twice firsthand. For the price of a couple plugs isn't peace of mind worth at least that?

Are there even plug holders in the "tool" area ?
would have to pack them in my backpack or the seat bag or whatever ..

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Ill give you ten bucks if you can change those plugs on the hill properly............

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there even plug holders in the "tool" area ?
would have to pack them in my backpack or the seat bag or whatever ..

Thats your best bet. I have had the same spare plugs for the last 2 years and have never used them but would look pretty sick if one failed and didn't have a spare. 2 of my buddies have had failures but warranty is no problem as they are covered for 3 years.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill give you ten bucks if you can change those plugs on the hill properly............

I can and I have as I have the scar tissue on my hands to prove it. Lol. That mag side one is a skin remover for sure. Never ride with customers. They look at you and say your the dealer you fix it. Lol.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I can and I have as I have the scar tissue on my hands to prove it. Lol. That mag side one is a skin remover for sure. Never ride with customers. They look at you and say your the dealer you fix it. Lol.

Did you even bother with indexing?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm going to look at the spanner and see if it will work.

2200 kms last year and the plugs were fine but Ken does have a point; you can get premature failure. Without a wrench one is in deep kaka.

Was the indexing on the hill a problem Ken?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you even bother with indexing?

I made my best estimate reaching under the cowl with gloves on to start it in the right spot. Must have worked, 2 years later they are still running strong. If a dealer says to not replace a bad plug on the hill will the dealer rescue the sled? You dont say that to your customer do you. Lol.;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I filled the rear storage with supplies (fire starter, a small box of tools, my Poo puller, and a few rags) and then I decided to get the book from under the seat. Everything fell on the floor…..:D

Maybe with nothing under the seat, one won't need to take it off.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:p

Nothing on the spanner wrench is close and if it did fit the plug one couldn't get it down low enough to grab it.

Gotta find a wrench and a rod somewhere in my bag of tricks.:D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Got to get the weight down somehow, LOL JK :p

My tool kit upgrade! Best 15 dollars spent!

In 2010 they had the tool kit there and we removed them and drilled the aluminum for belt cooling.

With the CVT and the success it had last year, I may have to go back to that idea.

Looks good…:D

Top Bottom