A couple of things I have noticed.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha it's gonna look a lot worse at the end of the year. Touch her up in the summer. They don't stay new forever lol braaaap!

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First duct tape and now Spray paint, what else do you like to desecrate your sled with?

haha :D

Take a piece of 1" corlon pipe (black plastic water pipe) - cut a section long enough to cover most of your A-Arm - slice it lengthways with a compound mitre saw or a sharp knife - pry it apart and slip it on the arm. This will give a bit of protection against the bumping and grinding of riding in the trees as well. Some may call it desecration others will call it something else...

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
First duct tape and now Spray paint, what else do you like to desecrate your sled with?

haha :D

It's all building character…..FYI the duct tape was to hold the screen in place until the Marine Goop dried. Works wonders……:D

My sleds always have a lot of character and evidence of being ridden in the Kootenays….:D

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I noticed today was the paint rubbing off of my A-Arms do to rubbing of the new travel cover. Anybody else have this issue?
Good reason to spoil your sled with a little end of season fancy powder coating!
I wonder if a Skinz cover would wear the same way?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all building character…..FYI the duct tape was to hold the screen in place until the Marine Goop dried. Works wonders……:D

My sleds always have a lot of character and evidence of being ridden in the Kootenays….:D

Oh i know, and sometimes it is necessary, but i had to poke, lol i wouldnt attach anything to my sled unless it looked good haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Oh i know, and sometimes it is necessary, but i had to poke, lol i wouldnt attach anything to my sled unless it looked good haha

Hahahaha…...A picture from the front with the plastics all back in place and it looks great………..and I have no snow in there!

Be careful when you poke, somethings go bang or ka-boom!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I noticed today was the paint rubbing off of my A-Arms do to rubbing of the new travel cover. Anybody else have this issue?

yup unfortuneatley this has been happening for years haha no real way to avoid it. It does help if you bungie around the bars and even around the seat thru the tunnel less flapping in the wind this way and it saves the cover from ripping

good luck

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
yup unfortuneatley this has been happening for years haha no real way to avoid it. It does help if you bungie around the bars and even around the seat thru the tunnel less flapping in the wind this way and it saves the cover from ripping

good luck

I agree!
Happening for years.
I just put some foam pipe wrap over a arms when travelling. Easy on, Easy off.
No Paint rub.
Bungrr cords as previously mentioned to stop flapping.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed today on mine that the idler wheels on the skid are offset. One side has them mounted farther back than the other. I am told the early models were like this as well. Does anyone know the reason for this? I moved my rear one on the one side ahead so I could hook my scratcher over the rail.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed today on mine that the idler wheels on the skid are offset. One side has them mounted farther back than the other. I am told the early models were like this as well. Does anyone know the reason for this? I moved my rear one on the one side ahead so I could hook my scratcher over the rail.
I did the same thing. Wondered why the offset when the holes were drilled for the same mounting position?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep they have been like this for years, not sure why this is done, but noticed that the idler bracket are now bolted instead of using the fancy rivets.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday when I hit 225km my sled seemed to perk up a bit. I had to click down. I hope that it's broke in now. Guess I will know for sure when I see how much oil I use next trip.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the assembly line the guy who does the left idlers mounts them in the opposing holes to the guy who installs the right idlers.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they offset the bogies to minimize uneven wear on the sliders while on hardpack. If they lined up, I'm sure you would see pronounced wear in certain spots. They probably found that the 2nd wheel directly across didn't really do anything except add weight.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
On page 44 of the owner's manual, there is a picture of the CVT holding the tools. It shows the spare starting rope in position #1….

That probably works for all the trail sleds but as soon as one does a roll over to get unstuck in our mountain riding, where does that piece of rope go?

Doo those engineers really know how we ride or is the learning curve a little steep for them?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On page 44 of the owner's manual, there is a picture of the CVT holding the tools. It shows the spare starting rope in position #1….

That probably works for all the trail sleds but as soon as one does a roll over to get unstuck in our mountain riding, where does that piece of rope go?

Doo those engineers really know how we ride or is the learning curve a little steep for them?

My thoughts exactly. The possiblity of one of those tools bouncing out on a rough trail and making their way up through the clutches makes me nervous. I just leave them in the trunk!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. The possiblity of one of those tools bouncing out on a rough trail and making their way up through the clutches makes me nervous. I just leave them in the trunk!

My everything tool came off once already, i heard it rattling around when i rolled my sled to get it unstuck. I carry it in the back of the seat now. I wouldnt trust it there if i were you! The wrench and the puller/allen key thing stay put (did on my freeride last year as well)

Top Bottom