94 Octane pump gas

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a gas station in Thorsby that sells 94 octane gas at the pumps. It is the first place I know of in Alberta selling it. Is there any other places that any of you know about that sell 94 other then in BC?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all husky gas stations have 94. however it is up to 10% ethanol.

dirtbag

Reaction score
yea it sounds good but they take 91 and add additives to get it ,stick with the 91 before the ethanol is added ,is a healthier fuel for toys..

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the only stations in Western Canada that have true 94 octane are Chevrons. Which are all unfortunatley located in BC.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea it sounds good but they take 91 and add additives to get it ,stick with the 91 before the ethanol is added ,is a healthier fuel for toys..

You got it. Ethanol or any alchohol additives absorb water which is in turn bad for motors specifically the crack and bearings. Stick with the 91-92 pump that is under 5% additives or mix from race.

Some say to run 100ll aviation fuel (which is what I do) but the lead in it is hard on the motor too. Can build up over time.

The RK Tek site has a great blurb on detonation, fuel types and other useful facts that is worth reading.

Top Bottom