872 BB or turbo or stock

Sledstruck

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out where to go here, I have a 14 on order and want to do something but not sure what. I have heard good and bad about both the turbo or BB and just not sure where to turn, or do I just ride it and shut up. SLP pipe and can? Just up the compression a little? What about some suspension work? A Baker t motion maybe? Fat kid springs and a re valve on the rear? All stuff I have heard about guys doing but not sure what to think, I have been out of it for a couple years and looking for some input?

Thanks guys.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 vote for 4 year warranty here. Maybe clutching and cooker can later in the season on my 13 xmx. Got grip and rips to install still.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 for the 4 year warranty! Why wreck that for a sled that already rips out of the box? If you want to do some thing look at your riding style and who you ride with. If you ride with turbo guys slaying chutes then go turbo. If you ride in the tight trees bb would probably suit you better. If you ride with guys that are stock keep it stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for all the etec light mod guys, mbrp is releasing a race can this year that will be 3.5 pounds light than the trail can. Same price as the trail can its going to be louder than the trail can but same fit and finish as always and no sensor placement issues. Should see these in the next month or so. Any questions you may have give me a shout 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for all the etec light mod guys, mbrp is releasing a race can this year that will be 3.5 pounds light than the trail can. Same price as the trail can its going to be louder than the trail can but same fit and finish as always and no sensor placement issues. Should see these in the next month or so. Any questions you may have give me a shout 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

What sensor placement issues? Like the 4 I had that were all in different spots and all ran different lol. Or something else

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you

Deano

What sensor placement issues? Like the 4 I had that were all in different spots and all ran different lol. Or something else

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the day I cant get where all my buddies are riding is the day I turbo. Either that or the weekend where all my buddies turbos run flawlessly and we don't have to stop to tinker.... I will turbo. I snow checked a 14 xm 163 and so did a couple guys I ride with. One for sure is turboing his and I cant wait to give it a try. whooooosh!!! Love that sound.

Stock is my vote, but I only get out 3 to 4 times a year to the mountains. Each situation is different, money beings the big factors in these decisions, or wives thinking spending 30g on a turbo sled being a waste is another. lol

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone running the trygstad 872? from the website it sounds like it runs flawlessly ( but no ones gonna post on there own website that it runs like **** and they blow up)... Im really interested in going with that cause i dont need a turbo and dont want the hassle of a turbo.. it would be nice for some insight if anyones ran it and what there thoughts are on it? or any other bb out there that they just installed on there sled and never had to touch it again

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone running the trygstad 872? from the website it sounds like it runs flawlessly ( but no ones gonna post on there own website that it runs like **** and they blow up)... Im really interested in going with that cause i dont need a turbo and dont want the hassle of a turbo.. it would be nice for some insight if anyones ran it and what there thoughts are on it? or any other bb out there that they just installed on there sled and never had to touch it again
My nephew is running it on his ETEC. Huge increase over the stock motor. Rode them both and honestly very impressed. He has put about 1000 kms on it and had it clutched on the second ride and no issues so far with reliability.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
I have a turbo on my 2013. never had any issues last year, no tinkering and put 3500kms on it. It's a no brainer to me. I held off on the turbo in 2012 because everyone said they were not good for boondocking. I now know that's just what guys that haven't rode one say. there is no turbo lag with the aerocharger. a big bore kit will not come anywhere close to the turbo power...(or price mind you.) once you turbo you won't go back. the new kits run so good on the new sleds that you won't be playing with it. I rode with a guy a couple years ago with an arctic cat turbo and his hood was always up when we stopped. its not like that on an e-tech.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo on my 2013. never had any issues last year, no tinkering and put 3500kms on it. It's a no brainer to me. I held off on the turbo in 2012 because everyone said they were not good for boondocking. I now know that's just what guys that haven't rode one say. there is no turbo lag with the aerocharger. a big bore kit will not come anywhere close to the turbo power...(or price mind you.) once you turbo you won't go back. the new kits run so good on the new sleds that you won't be playing with it. I rode with a guy a couple years ago with an arctic cat turbo and his hood was always up when we stopped. its not like that on an e-tech.

Im with you. I had a TSS kit on my 12 XP installed in February, and the only real tinkering I did was turning up the boost lol.
I too would have a hard time going back to a NA sled but an 872 would be my choice.

magnet32

Reaction score
I have M8 with areo charger ( mountain magic EDM ) ran great all last winter . One guy in our group has a doo with 880 it works great also . Just depends on how much u want to spend . I say turbo !

Sleds

Reaction score
880 are good but the jugs were breaking off of the top end a friend told me so.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have them both and love each, light and great power makes the 880 fun, and climbs very well, turbo has a little learning curve but still very good in the trees and when you find a open spot all hell can break loose

Top Bottom