860 vs 880

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either or im sure you will be happy with either. they both work ( the ones ive seen )

the 880 on nitrous was pulling some pretty big shoots in revy. mind you the mickus were piloting it so that helps alot.

havent seen an 880 in person work or driven one but have been around alot of rkt work and they do work.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either or im sure you will be happy with either. they both work ( the ones ive seen )

the 880 on nitrous was pulling some pretty big shoots in revy. mind you the mickus were piloting it so that helps alot.

havent seen an 880 in person work or driven one but have been around alot of rkt work and they do work.

The micku's could make a skandic look good on the hill... BMP didn't have a great rep in the past, but they are looking like a competent builder now. RKT 860's run like a scalded dog. Either way, you'll likely be happy - haven't seen a pair lined up on the same hill to compare...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm riding my girlfriends dad split second 860 with jaws twin pipes and 14.5-1 compression and that thing absolutely hauls some serious A$$. haven't seen an 880 go in the mountains but I can only imagine that it would be something wild as hell seeing how this 860 performs

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a complete rkt 860 for sale in the classifieds comes with everything and they do haul some serios a$$ if you have the proper cluthing

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont get either of those two. get a 860 Arctic Edge Kit. Support your canadian builders and economy:beer:

i have zero compliants with mine, raced another 860 with bottle and single pipe and it was a good 8 sled lead or more.

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I would like to know how built your cat 860 i have heard good thingsb about this like 170 H.P. I know a guy that builds the same 860 i was just seeing how you like yours any info would be nice
THANKS

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought the kit off brent and built it by myself. if you just do the kit itself nothing more with stock single his lowest dynos were 165, with the twins it was 175. these were the bottom end numbers lol and remember what the pass air quailty is like.... crappy.

Jaws also makes this kit which i think is modeled after the one i got and they claim a clean 20hp. The twins were a pain to fit, took approx 20hrs to get just right. Lot of guys just slap them in but they are extremely close to the computer and oil tank. A few small dents and you will get the clearence u need.

also what i added with this kit is the billet head, bondi box, slp intake, e-tech thermostat, and my own clutching/carb setup for 7k. End result is 55mph track consistant. bottom end is just explosive, and with twin pipes and elevation i have never had a problem yet. pull n go

grahamkomada

Reaction score
I've never heard of the arctic edge kit, Buy the RK Tek kit, i have kelsey's 827 in my rev chassis summit and it hauls ass. His stuff is super reliable and pulls harder than any big bore i have seen. My 827 walked on a bikeman 880 in revy. And i hadn't even dialed in the clutching. Very serious power.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of the arctic edge kit, Buy the RK Tek kit, i have kelsey's 827 in my rev chassis summit and it hauls ass. His stuff is super reliable and pulls harder than any big bore i have seen. My 827 walked on a bikeman 880 in revy. And i hadn't even dialed in the clutching. Very serious power.
the 880 must have been running poorly i've got an rkt 860 and 2 buddies have the 827 and the 860 has much more than an 827 im not saying you didnt out pull the 880 but it must not have been tuned very well

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 880 must have been running poorly i've got an rkt 860 and 2 buddies have the 827 and the 860 has much more than an 827 im not saying you didnt out pull the 880 but it must not have been tuned very well

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol never heard of Brent, the guy is a legend I woud say in ac performance.

seeing how u are a sasky I think ur running a 136 track. Could explain alot:d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definately rite skip the rktek crap and go strait to either a split second 860 or a arctic edge 860 brent builds amazing stuff. I have the split second 860 in mine with jaws twins and team clutches and this thing just straight up works!!!

grahamkomada

Reaction score
Seeing as how i am in sasky i'm running a 136" track. HAHA
I run a 151 2.25 in a rev chassis.

And i guess if brent specializes in AC that is why i have never heard of him.
Not saying he doesn't build good engines, i cant say. What i can say is my 827 pulls on a lot of sleds. And it was very easy to tune.

The 880 that i pulled on was tuned, how well i cannot say but he was running his kit dialed in with a DJ clutch kit. It was a fast sled.

But as i said, i have experience with kelsey's stuff and trust it. I think the original post just asked for an opinion or experience. Didn't want to bash anyone just help another make an informed purchase.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THE 827 does work. ive installed a few. especially with the remap these things scream

havent been able to make a fair comparison due to differant chassis and tracks

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bmp 880 is working very well in my sled, very noticeable difference from a well tuned stock sled. mid range torque is unbelievable.

Top Bottom