860 big bore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom29

Reaction score
When/if your buddy figures it out...let us know what the heck it was here, would ya? I'm in the same boat still. You're right....it was waaaay more trouble than its worth.

you will be "experimenting" with that clutch kit all this year and next and it wont work. dynamo joe is from out east on the flats.. so how well is a flat lander kit gonna work in the mountains? they may work on the lake but has wont work worth a ch!t in the mountains. completely different setup.
Also duch17, ive yet hear of a Rktech 860R that ran hard. lots of stories of stockers beating them though haha.
Big thing with those kits is that they have Little to NO porting. if you ask kelsey or BJ, of course they're going to say its ported, that what your paying for.
Talk to Ted @Terra Alps if you want a big bore kit thats going to work and rock all your buddies sleds.
BIS this year there was a Black and white 04 Rev with terra alps chassis and a 830HO big bore. ask anyone who saw it how well it worked

duch17

Reaction score
Im running a DJ high elev. kit in my xp right now, and consitantly have had at least 15 km faster track speed then the other couple people that i ride with that have the exact same set up from the same dealer, the first time they seen me blow by them they asked where they can get a clutch kit. If you look on snow west and every other forum his kits seem to be spoken fondly of.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run a dj kit it works good.... now if i could get everything else set i should have no problems..... not much time left to get it all done though

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will be "experimenting" with that clutch kit all this year and next and it wont work. dynamo joe is from out east on the flats.. so how well is a flat lander kit gonna work in the mountains? they may work on the lake but has wont work worth a ch!t in the mountains. completely different setup.
Also duch17, ive yet hear of a Rktech 860R that ran hard. lots of stories of stockers beating them though haha.
Big thing with those kits is that they have Little to NO porting. if you ask kelsey or BJ, of course they're going to say its ported, that what your paying for.
Talk to Ted @Terra Alps if you want a big bore kit thats going to work and rock all your buddies sleds.
BIS this year there was a Black and white 04 Rev with terra alps chassis and a 830HO big bore. ask anyone who saw it how well it worked

dj does test in the mountians,i met him in golden bc at the first of the season doing tests right on the hill,nice guy to talk to,he then told me he was of to revy the next day to do more testing,test sled was a summit xp ,as for ted i agree talked to him and he does not bs.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A Ted lover. Good for you. Thanks for the tips. I've clutched a mountain sled or two since 1995...and DJ's stuff does work. He has test riders out west here try different things and give him feedback....plus he makes the trip himself a few times a year.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah, where he lives has a lot to do with how stuff works. I guess Crankshop, Art Sever, BJ , Cudney, Jaws, DNE, etc, etc, can't make stuff work because the live in the flatland??

duch17

Reaction score
Well i just started my build prep, jut bought a boondocker kit to go with the big bore once the season ends.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did Ted sell his arogance to you or does he give it for free. The bigbore that Ted sells was copied from one of these flatland companies. I won't say his stuff doesn't work, but lots of other companies make good products as well.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Did Ted sell his arogance to you or does he give it for free. The bigbore that Ted sells was copied from one of these flatland companies. I won't say his stuff doesn't work, but lots of other companies make good products as well.

wow I was going to comment on tom29's comment but man you really have no idea, PLEASE IMFORM me and everyone, on who I copied a flatland motor? LOL
I just recieved another motor today from back east that squeaked 4times in 4 rides, probably the company your refering too. I'll fix it for the guy.

so you obviously have no idea what your talking about misimforming people, but that seems to be tippicle on what goes on in the forums these days.
Do you know who calls me wanting to know how to build some motors? for guys out west. we don't need to get into that and I ain't going to try to cut another shop down.
We build a good product that works and I build all my motors, and helped others in the past. I test alot too make sure it works before we sell it. some just try to make a buck. get motors out as fast as possible and make a cut. we might take a while to get motors out when we have them piled up but they work and thats what a client pays for.
I have seen just about every other motor built in this past year and have not seen one fully ported 860 yet. nothing close to ours. you need airflow to make hp. and a good head design to keep it running on long pulls.
If someone hears bs then call or email and I'll call back. I'll put our sled chassis and motors up against any. those that have our motors have no complaints only good to say.

As for dj he clutches one way, comes out west for a few rides a year so be it, some guys ride 2 to 3 days a week out here in the mtns. snow changes every week. based on weather.

summit 889 please call me to tell me whos motor I build! LOL

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
I'll put our sled chassis and motors up against any.

Let me know when you want to do this.. I'll pay for your trip down here and we will run for pinks... You got nothing to lose but your sled and some ego..

You offered.. I am responding... Let's do this. and do it quick..

You know how to reach me.. make it happen .. talk is cheap and you do plenty of that...!! I'm keeping it real.. large mouths should be kept to Bass fish...

Kelsey

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you want to do this.. I'll pay for your trip down here and we will run for pinks... You got nothing to lose but your sled and some ego..

You offered.. Iam responding... Let's do this. and do it quick..

You know how to reach me.. make it happen .. talk is cheap!! I'm keeping it real..

Kelsey
let me know you can use my sled up here in revy let's do this would be a huge event

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow I was going to comment on tom29's comment but man you really have no idea, PLEASE IMFORM me and everyone, on who I copied a flatland motor? LOL
I just recieved another motor today from back east that squeaked 4times in 4 rides, probably the company your refering too. I'll fix it for the guy.

so you obviously have no idea what your talking about misimforming people, but that seems to be tippicle on what goes on in the forums these days.
Do you know who calls me wanting to know how to build some motors? for guys out west. we don't need to get into that and I ain't going to try to cut another shop down.
We build a good product that works and I build all my motors, and helped others in the past. I test alot too make sure it works before we sell it. some just try to make a buck. get motors out as fast as possible and make a cut. we might take a while to get motors out when we have them piled up but they work and thats what a client pays for.
I have seen just about every other motor built in this past year and have not seen one fully ported 860 yet. nothing close to ours. you need airflow to make hp. and a good head design to keep it running on long pulls.
If someone hears bs then call or email and I'll call back. I'll put our sled chassis and motors up against any. those that have our motors have no complaints only good to say.

As for dj he clutches one way, comes out west for a few rides a year so be it, some guys ride 2 to 3 days a week out here in the mtns. snow changes every week. based on weather.

summit 889 please call me to tell me whos motor I build! LOL

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

Last few years you are selling Art's stuff and telling everyone you helped develop the kit (and i am not saying you didn't) and now magically you have your own. Never said your stuff don't work, but your PR could use some development.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score

You offered.. I am responding... Let's do this. and do it quick..

You know how to reach me.. make it happen .. talk is cheap and you do plenty of that...!! I'm keeping it real.. large mouths should be kept to Bass fish...

Kelsey

I'll see if I can find a sled or build one. talk about mouth piece. start fishing and looks who chimes in.
I do plenty of talking hmmm. I would have to disagree on that one. I have your customers trying to get me to get your motors to work. I tell them I'm not interested. I seen your motors with $600 extra porting, mechanic from a shop ask me I can't see it, either could I.
cheap talk eh, I used to go to all the shoot outs, race the hillclimb circuit etc... now I let our customers do that.
funny I don't trash talk you but you seem to be offended by someone else building a good motor. I hear from others. as you probably do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom