860 big bore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XP154

Reaction score
I just got a 860 bb installed in edmonton and took it out last week, and as much as I hate to say it I was not really impressed. I noticed there was definatly a power gain but I still could not outrun a 06 151rev or a 09 163x stock. (on the hardpack or steep and deep) I have a 08 154x with rkteks bb,vforce reeds, dyna port pipe and ypipe, mbrp can, reprogrammed the computer, deleted the thermostat, vent kit. I am not blaming the dealer but according to the skidoo websites these sleds should fly with these mods. Am I expecting to much? The only thing that I have not touched to much is my clutching, I geared down to 19t, put a stiffer spring in primary(as per dealers recommendation) At 3500' I was on clicker 1 pulling 8200rpm consistenly. Is there sombody else that expeirenced the disapointment and maybe found a fix? Guys are talking 170-180 hp with these kits but it sure did not feel like it to me. Also mixed in about 3gals of c111 per tank of fuel. Does this set up look right to you guys or am I missing something?

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no need to gear down with big bore go back to stalk,stiffer spring well im in the process of getting ready to do big bore in mine xp 163 and i was told softer spring and throw some weight in the primary to get desired rpms,i think if you go back to stalk gears and clutch it proper that thing will rock,also you could call kelsey at rktec

duch17

Reaction score
I just got a 860 bb installed in edmonton and took it out last week, and as much as I hate to say it I was not really impressed. I noticed there was definatly a power gain but I still could not outrun a 06 151rev or a 09 163x stock. (on the hardpack or steep and deep) I have a 08 154x with rkteks bb,vforce reeds, dyna port pipe and ypipe, mbrp can, reprogrammed the computer, deleted the thermostat, vent kit. I am not blaming the dealer but according to the skidoo websites these sleds should fly with these mods. Am I expecting to much? The only thing that I have not touched to much is my clutching, I geared down to 19t, put a stiffer spring in primary(as per dealers recommendation) At 3500' I was on clicker 1 pulling 8200rpm consistenly. Is there sombody else that expeirenced the disapointment and maybe found a fix? Guys are talking 170-180 hp with these kits but it sure did not feel like it to me. Also mixed in about 3gals of c111 per tank of fuel. Does this set up look right to you guys or am I missing something?
I emailed kelsey about getting a BB kit for next year and one of the things they mention is not to run anything but stock pipe and can or a Q can, could partof the problem be the can, pipe and clutching? On there web site they give a set up process

Im really looking into a BB kit for next year, so let me know how it works out for you guys

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I emailed kelsey about getting a BB kit for next year and one of the things they mention is not to run anything but stock pipe and can or a Q can, could partof the problem be the can, pipe and clutching? On there web site they give a set up process

Im really looking into a BB kit for next year, so let me know how it works out for you guys

kelsey is also testing with pipe and y pipe ,can ,friend of mine was talking to him two days ago,as for the computer reflash i am not going to do that.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have after market pipe and can on mine and that is what they told me to use....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd start by throwing a bunch more weight at the primary.... 2 or 3 g per pin.

To be honest....I have a Split Second big bore, Dynoport Y-pipe and single, MBRP, etc.....and I am not happy with it either. I have reclutched about 15 times this year and it always runs the same....slow. I phoned Ralphy today and he thinks there's a problem in the electronics somewhere....figures we should put it on the dyno. I'm ready to trade in for a Cat.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest....I have a Split Second big bore, Dynoport Y-pipe and single, MBRP, etc.....and I am not happy with it either. I have reclutched about 15 times this year and it always runs the same....slow. I phoned Ralphy today and he thinks there's a problem in the electronics somewhere....figures we should put it on the dyno. I'm ready to trade in for a Cat.

Say it ain't so Dave!!!!! LOL Oh well, hope you get it figured. I know that fredw has his running really good, I think his is Ralph's as well?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FredW and Brotha Nos have given me all the help they can...I am running EXACTLY what Brotha Nos has for pipe, jets, airbox, clutching....still mine sucks. Heading out again tomorrow to Revy to get beat up by some stock Revs....

duch17

Reaction score
There are a few different kits ive been looking at, bikeman, rkt, big johns, terra alps, i was leaning towards Terra alps because it would be easier to deal canadian but the RKT caught my eye because of the remapping then bikeman looks good to but it seems like there 880 reports looks the same as the 860 reports on the dyno sheets. Ive never really got to try any of them out and have not seen any of them run but everybody seems to rave about the big bore kits. Is there anybody that seems to have there's dialed in or have riden one that is dialed in thats willing to tell what is really under the hood. What was the reasons that you guys leaned towards the kit you bought.

XP154

Reaction score
I am starting to think what works for one sled will not nessarily work for the next sled even if they are the same machines, but I am not giving up just yet, somethings gotta work.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of one reputable Alberta Dyno operator that has seen a Doo 800BB over 160 hp on pump gas.Internet land only.With compression and race fuel it can bump over 160. Does not mater if it has reprogram ign ,Y pipes,bore carbs,wolfpack reeds,air intake or whatever one wants to add....not a big enough difference to justify in the real world..

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys have geared them up. 23/49 on the 163's and 22/45 on the 154's. These motors need load on them to make power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom