800r motor

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine blew up his 09 800r ,just about half of the mag side piston is gone. A big chunk fell down into the bottom end and got pinched inbetween the case and the crank. So now there is a hole in his case. Who or where is the cheapest place to get a crate motor, I have bought a few threw turbo al before but they are quoting me 2500 + 700 core charge and i wont see anything back as it is all useless..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy just bought one from RTR, was not impressed by the price compared to what I've seen guys on here saying they're paying.

Ape

Reaction score
I bought mine from jim in 100 mile if I recall it was 2200 plus core and he had one in stock no waiting a week to get it.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BE REAL CAREFUL WITH CV TECH
QUOTE=Johnny;1912229]cv tech[/QUOTE]

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not bashing cv tech but here is what I got last year.
i picked up a 2007 rev with 800km on it motor was done . I got a core out of it so I brought one from cv tech . 1 off I got the motor no problems then had it installed ran it for 200 km then noticed it used a little coolant I found the leak it was at the base plate so I called cv tech they said ship it back. We agreeded on a local shop to do it and they pay for a few hours labour and new gasket.(I was on my own to get the motor out )
they put in a new base gasket but still leaked so I pulled it out and shipped it back turns out that the crank was out too . They worked on it over this past summer .
So the cash it cost me to have it pulled out put back in 3 times I should of got a brand new brp create motor ,,
on the plus side 550km this winter and a lot of fun ... SO in the end you win some and some times we loose

Top Bottom