Dynojet Powercommander V Auto Tune Question

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering is anyone familiar with auto tune?I just dropped a new crate motor in my 09 M1000 with the slp pipe,y-pipe,air intake and v-force reeds and a pcv.The last engine continually took out pto piston after I smoked a tree couple years back and I changed everything basically basically except crank and cases!I originally started out with a power commander 3 but after the tree I switched to a 5 trying to eliminate the engine issue!At least with the 3 I could add or take fuel away as needed on the box itself without a lap top!I've been looking at this auto tune and does it do everything it claims?I've had the machine out in my field trying it out and looking at the pyro numbers a little more fuel wouldn't hurt!I don't feel like dropping another piston in a completely new engine!It will make a good back up sled if I can trust it again!Plus it does hand my 14 M8000 sno pro it's ass but a lot of good that does if it won't stay running!So is the auto tune worth the cash or should I switch to a different brand of fuel controller?:confused:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can control the richness by setting the target AFR. I don't know how these come setup for 2-strokes, but on 4-strokes they come programmed to deliver a perfect burn (13.2 AFR). You probably know this, but you can also have alternate fuel maps as well as an AutoTune kill switch. It is a good idea to set yourself up an altitude specific map as swell as the Autotune kill switch just in case the O2 sensor or Autotune ever goes haywire on you - I don't know how big of a concern that is on sleds.

Top Bottom