650 brute swamped, what to do now?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh , not the drain lines, the bowl plug, plugs them off

40 bucks and a few hours labor and ur snorkeled

Use a car cv boot for the oval belt cover to snorkel tube, use a 3 inch to 2 inch rubber adapter for air box to snorkel tube

Unless the air box lid seal is bad, should be good, I never had a issue
. On a keihin carb the drain lines off the float bowls can actually suck water back into the carb. If your float sticks open and overfills the bowl the fuel will come out the drain line. Hence water can get back in. Most cat guys use a one way check valve on them. Some guys plug them with a golf tee. Personally I use the check valve so if my float sticks ,fuel can still escape instead of pouring all over my hot engine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434587981.021963.jpg

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, looks like a belt, front end plastic, and maybe a piston?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. On a keihin carb the drain lines off the float bowls can actually suck water back into the carb. If your float sticks open and overfills the bowl the fuel will come out the drain line. Hence water can get back in. Most cat guys use a one way check valve on them. Some guys plug them with a golf tee. Personally I use the check valve so if my float sticks ,fuel can still escape instead of pouring all over my hot engine
View attachment 187601
Over 7000 km snorkeled and deep riding, never got water in carb once other than before snorkeled

Pretty sure mine had a check in the line after they join to one

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swamped the 2001 450 Honda a few times when it was still fairly new. I just pulled the plug and rolled the starter over to remove water. I removed the vent hose from the case to the carb box and the milky oil steamed itself back to clear oil by the time back to camp. I changed oil at camp once and drove it. I still have the quad which now has around 6000 km's on it and runs great.

Top Bottom