650 brute swamped, what to do now?

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the best way to get rid of the white oil that is in the engine. I'm draining it right now and have not tried to start the quad at all. There is no white milk in the oil filter. I only have 1000 km on it so I don't want to make it worse, if I can help it. What do I do?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First do you have pictures of swamping quad?

add clean oil run for a minute and drain. Repeat until clean. Replace filter and new oil. Run for a day. Drain and replace oil and filter.

Change all fluids and air filter.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull your spark plugs out, drain the oil, add new oil turn motor over with out starting it drain. Pull oil filter out and add new oil run motor. Drain oil add new oil and repeat until no more milky oil.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any pics of quad, and I'm not sure how to get to the back plug, because I can't even see it. There is no pull rope so I guess you want me to turn it over with out the plug wire on right?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a hole bunch of cheap oil and oil filters. A Mazda meiata filter is the same as you brute. Run it till warm, change oil and repeat at least 4-6 times. Don't not drive it with that oil! Then take pictures of you quad all cleaned up and make a kijiji add!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
R U saying this quad is junk now. Even after all the oil changes

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clean river water, it took a big drink. Because when I opened the oil fill cap, the oil just started to run out. It as black but after the long tow, the oil tuned white and foamy thick. I' not sure if it went in the tailpipe or carb, but I herd it being sucked in by the carb. And by the time I thought sh.t it was dead

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you killed (shut it off) it right away and never ran it with milky oil and did lots of oil changes it might be ok. My 650 I swamped I tried to get back to camp and wrecked the motor in less then 10km. But my buddy swamped a 750 and is still going. A polaris 500 or any small bore quad I think you could use water instead of oil and they would be good lol, but big bore/ twins DO NOT like water. It's your call if it will be good or not.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are they some kind of special bearings?

No they just seam to not like water as much as any quad. Not sure why? They are a great quad I am a huge fan of brutes but once they get water in then they are a ticking time bomb

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any v twins dont like water or mud.... sometimes they will live .. sometimes not... its a gamble... but why
not try..... in the 9 years i have been playing with can ams... i have heard lots of stories about motors being saved and still running today... have a buddy that has had 2 can am motors that were swamped and both are still living a year later.... one even was swamped in fall... sat in garage all winter and now just cleaned it all out with oil changes and still living after 800 k on it... hard to beleive... but true... so dont run it... take plugs out . do lots of changes with diesel by just cranking over for a min... then change again... when thats done... do it again with normal oil once or twice, if no white anymore then put in your synethic motorcycle oil thats needed for the wet clutches since the motor shares the engine oil with the tranny... and go ride... if it lasts, its fine... if it blows... at least you tryed...what else ya going to do?

make sure you do a new filter each time you do a change... i swamped my 07 back in 07 ... only had 1200 km on it... did 14 oil changes... got 2 rides out it and a crank bearing let go... so i was not that lucky and mine had clear river water in it too... even river water has crap in it... but not as bad as getting dirty muddy water in it...

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
any v twins dont like water or mud.... sometimes they will live .. sometimes not... its a gamble... but why
not try..... in the 9 years i have been playing with can ams... i have heard lots of stories about motors being saved and still running today... have a buddy that has had 2 can am motors that were swamped and both are still living a year later.... one even was swamped in fall... sat in garage all winter and now just cleaned it all out with oil changes and still living after 800 k on it... hard to beleive... but true... so dont run it... take plugs out . do lots of changes with diesel by just cranking over for a min... then change again... when thats done... do it again with normal oil once or twice, if no white anymore then put in your synethic motorcycle oil thats needed for the wet clutches since the motor shares the engine oil with the tranny... and go ride... if it lasts, its fine... if it blows... at least you tryed...what else ya going to do?

make sure you do a new filter each time you do a change... i swamped my 07 back in 07 ... only had 1200 km on it... did 14 oil changes... got 2 rides out it and a crank bearing let go... so i was not that lucky and mine had clear river water in it too... even river water has crap in it... but not as bad as getting dirty muddy water in it...
14 oil changes? Lmfao!!
Ive swamped my can-ams more times than I can even count. Mostly all in rivers. Never took a motor out once. Never changed my oil more than a couple times after. Just lucky I guess. Lol

Top Bottom