650 brute swamped, what to do now?

rev

Reaction score
I have swamped my 08 750 brute about a hand full of times just make sure all the oils are changed out and the engine oil isn't creamy or has water residue on the dip stick you should be fine!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine lost his down a river couple of years ago. took it home and did a bunch of oil changes. Ran fine until recently, took it to centerpoint performance on hwy 39 and had the bearings on the crank replaced and it is still going good. Quad is a Can-am 800. Not sure of the year. Change your oil a few times til the milk disappears and run it. My 2 cents.
P.S. I have never used sea foam in oil but have heard great things about it. Couldn't hurt to try it.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my machine is carb does this matter? did you se sea foam? I hung my quad this morning an a lot of water came from somewhere but not from inside engine. It is siting on its wheels now and now waiting to see if any thing else comes out. Did you use diesel oil to clean out the engine do you have recipe on how to do this. You the only one that has been positive, thanks for the help

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't start it till the oil is clean. Diesel works great , fill it up through the breather tube and shake the piss out of it. If you have help tip it on its side both ways. The crap gets caught up in little crevices in the block. I helped a buddy with his 650 cat ( same motor). 5 times with diesel, 3 oil changes with cheap oil , shaking and turning it over on the starter only. Then put good oil in it and ran it for a couple minutes, oil still turned slightly milky. It took 2 more oil changes to get it clean. It ran good for another 6-700 k then he sold it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my machine is carb does this matter? did you se sea foam? I hung my quad this morning an a lot of water came from somewhere but not from inside engine. It is siting on its wheels now and now waiting to see if any thing else comes out. Did you use diesel oil to clean out the engine do you have recipe on how to do this. You the only one that has been positive, thanks for the help

I think diesel in a motor is an old wise tail. Like mentioned use sea foam or ATF. I hope things work out in your favour it sucks to be in your position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14 oil changes? Lmfao!!
Ive swamped my can-ams more times than I can even count. Mostly all in rivers. Never took a motor out once. Never changed my oil more than a couple times after. Just lucky I guess. Lol
man, I've sunk my outlander so many times I lost count. once it went down a river for almost a kilometer before getting hung up in some tree roots. had to ride it 5 miles back to camp after getting enough water out that it would turn over and start. that was almost ten years and a few more sinkings ago and it still runs.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
man, I've sunk my outlander so many times I lost count. once it went down a river for almost a kilometer before getting hung up in some tree roots. had to ride it 5 miles back to camp after getting enough water out that it would turn over and start. that was almost ten years and a few more sinkings ago and it still runs.
Haha ya you bet. I've left them sit long enough to drain the water off the bottom of the crankcase, disconnect the casing vent from the air cleaner so it don't steam out the air box when the water boils off the oil. Driver out of the bush. I started just packing two liters of oil and a garbage bag. Lmao!! Many times.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha ya you bet. I've left them sit long enough to drain the water off the bottom of the crankcase, disconnect the casing vent from the air cleaner so it don't steam out the air box when the water boils off the oil. Driver out of the bush. I started just packing two liters of oil and a garbage bag. Lmao!! Many times.
I had to walk around to campsites near Cow Lake looking for spare oil with a $50 bill in my hand. expensive oil change....lesson learned

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think diesel in a motor is an old wise tail. Like mentioned use sea foam or ATF. I hope things work out in your favour it sucks to be in your position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't use sea foam or ATF in anything with a wet clutch.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the past I have drained all the oil, added diesel fuel, turned it over, flushed it out and repeated. I then do the same with cheap oil two or three times. Then fire it up get it to temp and drain again with oil in it. Usually works like a charm.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying, as u didn't include that info of kawi's not having a wet clutch, seeing as that's what it is about

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask Tex 78. He has had a kawi forever and knows how to fix them.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the help, it is running. I think it should be fine. I need a rad relocate kit and a snorkel kit. Did do this to yours? I'm just wondering how to seal the cover that covers the carbs, silicone or weather stripping.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You also need to plug the carb bowl drain lines.
Huh , not the drain lines, the bowl plug, plugs them off

40 bucks and a few hours labor and ur snorkeled

Use a car cv boot for the oval belt cover to snorkel tube, use a 3 inch to 2 inch rubber adapter for air box to snorkel tube

Unless the air box lid seal is bad, should be good, I never had a issue

Top Bottom