6.0L synthetic oil type

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mobil delvac 0w40 full synthetic, it's cheap at napa and flows to about -40ish. I run it year round with no issues in my cummins. On a HEUI engine, the faster you get oil flowing and pressure, the easier it'll start. Below -10 15w40 is turning into tar. I'd rather have cold oil pressure lubricating the internals than a warm block with molasses for oil that takes 30seconds plus to start flowing.

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Mobil delvac 0w40 full synthetic, it's cheap at napa and flows to about -40ish. I run it year round with no issues in my cummins. On a HEUI engine, the faster you get oil flowing and pressure, the easier it'll start. Below -10 15w40 is turning into tar. I'd rather have cold oil pressure lubricating the internals than a warm block with molasses for oil that takes 30seconds plus to start flowing.

I concure. That is what I use in my truck as well.
We use this grade of oil in our heavy equipment year round in Ft. Mac where an eng. rebuild in some of the equip. will cost you north of $250,000.00.
The equip. does not get shut down very often either because it cost too much to just be sitting.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a ford tech on these engines year round 5w40 they run waaaay better if you want 0w40 but some 5w40 has much better cold properties than 0w40 the valvoline blue 5w40 has gave me the nicest oil samples back yet of anyone next 2 closest being petro can duron and mobil delvac

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also hot shot secret does work it is endorsed by international for tjose of you who want to extend oil changes on their 6.0 or 7.3. But my 6.0 has had synthetic it whole life 230,000km just had one injector crap out this summer was the first ever so did a set of 150cc river city injectors Goes to show injectors can live with clean oilhas been changed every 6000km

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 0W40 Esso Mobil Delvac synthetic year around in my 6.4L. I have been running it since second oil change new got 116,000KM on her now. Knock on "WOOD" i have not had any engine issues!!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run chevron 5w40 syn in my superduty duramax bobcats big trucks no problems yet I get it in a drum 205 liters saves a little money over the 4 liter jugs

Top Bottom