509 Googles

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stephy Schwarz, her dad and her hubby are all running them. Saw them in Revy on the weekend and they look wicked!! Asked them how they liked them and got rave reviews, especially about how wide the field of view is. I don't think you can go wrong...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought two pair and I'm not sold on them, my Smith goggles worked just as well actually they fit my current helmet much better than the 509's. I wouldn't buy them again.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i was thinkin there aviator series. says there new, not really sure if they are or not, just like the idea of frameless design and improved visibility

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i was thinkin there aviator series. says there new, not really sure if they are or not, just like the idea of frameless design and improved visibility

The aviators ARE new and those are the ones I saw 3 people in our riding group wearing in Revy on the weekend. The frameless design is nice, the mirrored finish on the aviators looks great and the visibility is supposed to be awesome. I have the old 509s and I love them, but they are a teensy bit narrow in terms of viewing field...

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Aviators, They work great, good field of view, no fogging issues and fit well on the helmet.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
509 helmet and goggles are the best combination, period!

No skin exposed and minimal fogging (gotta get them off when stopped). Lens selection is awesome.

Attachments

• 509 helmet 1i.jpg
    509 helmet 1i.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 509 helmeti.jpg
    509 helmeti.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 36

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
If you are having issues with your 509 fogging you can pop an eliminator into them and you will be good to go. The eliminator fits into the new aviators no problem but you will need to turn the top plate upside down to fit it into the sinisters.

xteam

Reaction score
If you are having issues with your 509 fogging you can pop an eliminator into them and you will be good to go. The eliminator fits into the new aviators no problem but you will need to turn the top plate upside down to fit it into the sinisters.

i have the 509 helmet and sinster's whenever i turn my head they fog or stop i'm not a large man but if i gotta get a sled unstuck gotta take a break at the bottom to calm down or fogging is for sure oakleys work well in the helmet where do you get the eliminator and anyone have pics of one installed on a pair of sinsters

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hi xteam

Medicine Hat Motosports and Gravity sells them in Medicine Hat as do we. To install them in a pair of sinisters you have to flip the top bracket upside down to fit it over the plastic piece in the middle of the frame. I know their is a pic of them installed by Retodd on this site, I will try to find it and post the link.

Jan

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OAKLEYS for me! my 509's are in the bottom of my bag! big price diff but Oakleys work the best for me!

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my first set this winter and loved them. Def be buying them again and if they work with my snowboard helmet there is a good chance ill be trying them there too.

m8magic

Reaction score
i am really impressed with my aviators..really really comfy...and i use the quick straps so they are very fast to get off when rolling to a stop..i also have habervision goggle that are on quick staps as well.and an eliminator...im set with these two sets as far as i can tell..

xteam

Reaction score
Hi xteam

Medicine Hat Motosports and Gravity sells them in Medicine Hat as do we. To install them in a pair of sinisters you have to flip the top bracket upside down to fit it over the plastic piece in the middle of the frame. I know their is a pic of them installed by Retodd on this site, I will try to find it and post the link.

Jan

how much denaro $$$$

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
509s ARE GARBAGE,STICK WITH WHAT YOU KNOW AND WORK,NOT 509.

That's quite definitive....but I'm with the rest as I love my 509's for fit, comfort, and warmth.

In my 40 years of riding, I haven't had anything as comfortable and that includes a few modulars that didn't seem to work as people said they should. But to each their own, eh!

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 509's were pretty good, but they didn't stand up real well to leaving them on my primary to dry off while we were having a samich, and then firing up the beast without retrieving my goggles. Oh well!! Having sais that, I do like that if you get the right Oakleys, the foam breathing space on the top and bottom is probably the deepest from front to back that I have seen in any of the brands, and I find that this really helps to keep things clear when you are putting out hard boondocking or breaking a trail through the trees.

Top Bottom