300ex Bored to 330ex

drfat4

Reaction score
Okay so I want to bore out my 300ex up to a 330ex, and I am unclear about some of the concequences of boring, I've heard you can wreak your valves or something? Can somebody clear this up for me, like just tell me some of the possible concequences of boring, thanks.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the 300EX is actually a 282 cc, so you would be going up 50cc. the 300ex isnt really a strong platform for modding. but anyways, you would want to do a web cam, stage 2 kit with hardened rockers,valves, 400 ex carb, k&n filter, exhaust and 11/1 piston to stay on pump gas, port and polish, CDI. consequences are reliability if not dialed in properly. it will have more power, but make sure its done right. keep in mind this is a air cooled machine, and heat is also the enemy. I would also do a JE piston over a wiseco. check out ebay for these kits. its all on how much you want to spend.

Last edited:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so I want to bore out my 300ex up to a 330ex, and I am unclear about some of the concequences of boring, I've heard you can wreak your valves or something? Can somebody clear this up for me, like just tell me some of the possible concequences of boring, thanks.

Hey, welcome to S&M dude, I remember you from YouTube, I'm 55quadboy there.

Your quad will heat up faster at an idle because your cooling fins where only designed for 282cc. If you up the compression its harder on everything all together. So long as you maintain it, it will still last you a while.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turn her into a water cooled motor.... wrap your motor with a garden hose fill full of water get a little rad and rig up a little pump lol

Top Bottom