28" swamplites on a rhino

sledhead

Reaction score
Has anyone tried 28" swamplites on a rhino? Just wondering if they will work without using a lift. Currently have 26's on now. Any help would be greatly appreciated

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't put swamplites on a UTV, you want something with a paddle shape like Zilla's, Big horns, or Kendas, there are many brands to choose from

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen swamplites on a rhino kicking ass on the trail and skeg. I think it is a good choice.

sledhead

Reaction score
I've got a clutch kit along with a cold air intake and an msd. So I'm not too worried about reverse. I like the swamplites, I have 3400km on my 26's now just want to up size to the 28's. I've got a long driveway to plow this year so the tires are taking a beating. Thanks for the feedback.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 28 Mudzillas on for a while, they worked quite well, but I always had that feeling something was ready to pop. I now have 26 swamplite on my rig and feel much better. For the extra inch of clearance it might be costly. I suggest you borrow a set of 28inch tires from a friend and try them before you buy another set of tires.
Don

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you running a 12 or 14" wheel? i found the 14's got beat up real quick vs the 12's. i run a 26" itp mudlite on my rhino, works good. had the itp terracross on my rhino that got stolen, found those to be a nice trail tire.

sledhead

Reaction score
I had 28 Mudzillas on for a while, they worked quite well, but I always had that feeling something was ready to pop. I now have 26 swamplite on my rig and feel much better. For the extra inch of clearance it might be costly. I suggest you borrow a set of 28inch tires from a friend and try them before you buy another set of tires.
Don

I've got a friend that was running 26" zillas and he was having the same problem. Busting axles replacing frt diff and wheel brgs. He has 27" xtrs no with no problems.

sledhead

Reaction score
are you running a 12 or 14" wheel? i found the 14's got beat up real quick vs the 12's. i run a 26" itp mudlite on my rhino, works good. had the itp terracross on my rhino that got stolen, found those to be a nice trail tire.

I'm running 12's.

latts55

Reaction score
I have been running 28' mudlites for about 2600 kms no clutch just machined clutch sheeve not a single bit of problem. ps do a lot of muddin:)

Top Bottom