2020-2021 Revelstoke Area Updates

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How’s the snow up top ? Mashed as well ?
she's a shepards pie peas carrots light graY -vvvs and HP sweet smelling c12 sauce sledder- sizZzeee is iNN the works turtle is good option highest elevation in the area .. check avy conditions before heading out any wear this Time of year .. when does daylight savings start .. sure need ta start saving some day .. can i put some daylight savings in my pocKet for a snowY day ... asking for mY x wives girlfriend i sure dooo miss her .. her girlfriend ..that is .. not my X .. for revenge she started sleeping wit my girlFriend buT we were just friends .. till it was my turn too hold the camera .. oops ozone .. thats my sTarFisHBoTToM u never seen 1 of those .. no maaam .. thats briLLanT... lmao !! my X she's the ICEwoman .. she was melting .. i couldnt warm heR upPP.. powerToP moved in weLL u can't geT no satisfaction .. ahhh !! hey !! hey !! Hey !! .. i can't get no .. weLL u geT the jist .. mEoW !! that s chicken bY the Sea- weed .. LHF Ya been cuTTing the grass eH !! no worries theres enough for the resT ahhh Yaa .. Yaa know Ya waNNa !! lmao !! Hahaha aloha !! GiN n JuiCE !! snoop !! snoop !! doggiee !! Dooooo !!!

Last edited:

Doo2015

Reaction score
Rode Frisby and Boulder the last two days. Heading out again this am again. Rain down low but snow up top. Rode bumper deep powder in the trees yesterday. Main areas getting beat up but still good snow to be had if you go explore. Heat hasn't cooked the snow above alpine yet.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HeYman thanks for the heads up ,.. I'm heading also in the morning for 8 daYs .. Sled -er-sizZzeee and bashing some pow in and ouTa the Trees .. Looking forward ta reVY and all she has to offer .. GooDTiMEs .. And I wouldn't want it any other waY !!!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
HeYman thanks for the heads up ,.. I'm heading also in the morning for 8 daYs .. Sled -er-sizZzeee and bashing some pow in and ouTa the Trees .. Looking forward ta reVY and all she has to offer .. GooDTiMEs .. And I wouldn't want it any other waY !!!

Bring it on.
The bunny hill has now opened for you.

A photo of yesterday. Go higher for better snow.

The Shadow...Team Kimrix

Attachments

• Shadow.jpeg
    Shadow.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring it on.

The Shadow...Team Kimrix
BRiLLaNT !! I'm losT for worDs ... ChewWWW !! cHewWWW !!! LOL .. KimRixXx snoW is foR kKidDDsss .. feels greaT to be a kKidDD agaiN for the VerY fiRsT TiME ... keLL -LoGGs KeNNy LoG -iNNs cornY FLakKKeeess would beee Proud ....BWAAAAAAaaaaAAAA !!! LoL ..staYsafe your noT shadow of yourselF anYmore !!! aWeSoME !! PaWSoME Piccccc !!! WeLCoME Tooo REVELSToKE !! .. HoME of the BiG MounTaiNs of BC BRiTisH CoLuMBiA ... CaNaDa ... ehhh !!!

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
There was this grey flatbed truck in the parking lot with "Elk Valley Adventures" on windows......

The guy was parked out of sort in the lot.... Figured must be his first time in Revy.....

Told the group to keep an eye out for this elusive truck driver when we were on the hill.

I mean, how hard can it be t find a guy riding sleds that have "Fernie Snow" pasted on them....

Well we pounded that ole mountain and to no avail could we track down that ole school teacher....

Pretty sneaky riding this mountain.

I told the group,,,,+it is like the the Pine Martins, you hear lots about them, just never see them." LOL!

Maybe next time we will catch up with each other Doug....

Hope u enjoyed your day.....Not the deepest POW day, but a little icing on the cake is better than nothing.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was this grey flatbed truck in the parking lot with "Elk Valley Adventures" on windows......

The guy was parked out of sort in the lot.... Figured must be his first time in Revy.....

Told the group to keep an eye out for this elusive truck driver when we were on the hill.

I mean, how hard can it be t find a guy riding sleds that have "Fernie Snow" pasted on them....

Well we pounded that ole mountain and to no avail could we track down that ole school teacher....

I told the group,,,,+it is like the the Pine Martins, you hear lots about them, just never see them." LOL!

Hope u enjoyed your day.....Not the deepest POW day, but a little icing on the cake is better than nothing.
Two days in a row he was there

I know cause I get his inreach notices lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring it on.

The Shadow...Team Kimrix
Snow was still pretty good in the back today with bluebird sky. Lower trail won’t last long and upper parking lot was a sewer last 2 days. Nice to meet you today kimrick!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Snow was still pretty good in the back today with bluebird sky. Lower trail won’t last long and upper parking lot was a sewer last 2 days. Nice to meet you today kimrick!

You also sir.

Sorry could not chat longer but you know how Mark gets when your late...LOL.

You and Doug, AKA: Ferniesnow in the same parking lot at once?

How irionic was that.

Hope u guys had a great day on the hiills.

No damage and group had an awesome day. We had to search hard to find some fresh.

We wore out 3 fellows from Whistler. They would of slept good last night...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I'm alive this morning and don't feel too bad for an old guy! Parked "out of sort" but there is a reason for everything; I'm cheap so I parked in the sun to get the frost of the truck. Thanks for looking around and dropping in Richard; it is always great to put a human being to a handle on this great forum.

You know why you couldn't find me? You and Schaede take the high ground, like where you showed us from the parking lot and I am a meadow muffin! You probably drove right past us up on that ridge as I was carving around some of those low elevation trees along the edges of Private Meadows!!

We had a great day and a great tour. snopro did justice to showing Bev and I around. I still just look at Turbo and am amazed at that climb. It puts chills through my bones/nerves. There is a reason why I am a meadow muffin!!

I will post more pictures after I get caught up with the Birthday Wishes thread.....

IMG_5910.jpeg

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had a reputation to live up to for the last two days.................ferniesnow just had to provide the finishing touch to a couple days of great riding and great friends!

TheThing still works and performed excellent for a couple days of lunches. Extra large shrimp and sea scallops were on the menu for both days.

As you can see, parchment paper is the way to go. It is the most healthy over aluminum foil and/or plastic bags and with TheThing, 20 minutes on the throttle in Boulder is not a problem cooking from frozen to done without tipping the sled and dripping juices.

The shrimp/scallops were placed in the tray(s) and a couple tablespoons of butter added. Three freshly crushed garlic cloves, some lemon pepper, a generous amount of chilli peppers, and a good sprinkling of oregano were added. The shrimp has more chilli peppers and the scallops had more oregano. 24 shrimp and a dozen scallops spread out over two lunches hit the spot. Absolutely delicious on a calm bluebird day up at 2000m!!

IMG_5839.jpeg

IMG_5840.jpeg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a reputation to live up to for the last two days.................ferniesnow just had to provide the finishing touch to a couple days of great riding and great friends!

TheThing still works and performed excellent for a couple days of lunches. Extra large shrimp and sea scallops were on the menu for both days.

As you can see, parchment paper is the way to go. It is the most healthy over aluminum foil and/or plastic bags and with TheThing, 20 minutes on the throttle in Boulder is not a problem cooking from frozen to done without tipping the sled and dripping juices.

The shrimp/scallops were placed in the tray(s) and a couple tablespoons of butter added. Three freshly crushed garlic cloves, some lemon pepper, a generous amount of chilli peppers, and a good sprinkling of oregano were added. The shrimp has more chilli peppers and the scallops had more oregano. 24 shrimp and a dozen scallops spread out over two lunches hit the spot. Absolutely delicious on a calm bluebird day up at 2000m!!

View attachment 233660

View attachment 233661

Yummy...I’m also enjoying my new Thing...mainly Chili Lime wings so far but I did also do some Garlic butter Prawns.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yummy...I’m also enjoying my new Thing...mainly Chili Lime wings so far but I did also do some Garlic butter Prawns.
Colin, one is only limited by one's imagination. I've gone so far as to put pineapple upside down cake in mine on occasion. It was great at the truck after coming down a trail full of whoops!!

From leftovers, to steak in various forms, pirogies, cabbage rolls, an assortment of veggies, you name it, it can be done.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess we should get back to the thread; Revelstoke Area Updates.

There was lots of fresh yesterday, if you looked for it and knew where to look for it. The trees are excellent with drifts and wind lips.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sledding related but heads up there are rcmp posing as construction workers at the roundabouts today. Looking for cell phone usage , seatbelts, smoking gaggers etc.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sledding related but heads up there are rcmp posing as construction workers at the roundabouts today. Looking for cell phone usage , seatbelts, smoking gaggers etc.
Was surprised at the amount of police doing radar near and in Revy today on the trip home. 2 on highway had guys pulled over and a ghost SUV in town watching guys from the Frontier parking lot coming down hill.

Top Bottom