2018/2019 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

Highmark10

Reaction score
Was my sled that got choppered out today if anyone has room to bring it back to edmonton give me a call. 780-906-3747

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think someone busted in there this weekend.

Might go back one day but have seen so many bad avy runs I have stayed out for about 5 years.
Runout between the lakes into the trees and over the cliff.
And 150 yards or more wide year after year.
So many other places with powder and you don't have to die.
Guess I am a chicken.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might go back one day but have seen so many bad avy runs I have stayed out for about 5 years.
Guess I am a chicken.

I’d call that wise. I rode in there once. Up the waterfall headed to the plateau. Looked around and said what the hell am I doing here? Turned around and left and I’m ok with never going back. Way too many good places to ride without having to look over your shoulder and be worried. Nice glacier view though.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I am a chicken.

No your smart, that’s sketchy terrain for sure. I have seen pics and vids but have never actually been in there myself. Same as tier, I mainly rode the dores back than.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No your smart, that’s sketchy terrain for sure. I have seen pics and vids but have never actually been in there myself. Same as tier, I mainly rode the dores back than.

Is Teir the area behind the old fire watch hut that you can see from town?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading the above Horsey creek comments, I started googling and looking at what all the fuse was about. Damn, I think that’s the craziest place I’ve seen yet. Those high slopes on the right you’d never see from down low and they must come flying down off that face with insane power.

I see you go up that creek which looks interesting it’s self, then into a climb/sidehill with that frozen waterfall on the left. Is that sidehill climb a waterfall as well? It looks like that all drains into the creek. Who’s the crazy MF that found this place or first broke into it? I assume people hike up there in the summer then thought to try the power sleigh in the winter?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As soon as you get to top of creek hang a right and ride the upper deck bowls is ok.
Anything by the lakes is tossin the dice.
Tried to get on the glacier once up the chute past the bottom of creek in the valley side hilling but vis sucked so we got 3/4 up and backed out.
Climbing east Twin creek to the Alpine was always my favorite creek climb.
Now a caribou closure.

Brian Kublik

Reaction score
Yes,Tier is behind the firewatch hut that you see from town. A bit technical to get in there but nice area. Can go from the top all the way south to the Holmes river. As far as Horsey creek we started going there with Ron Baer from valemount in about 1986. The view from the top of the glacier is absolutely awesome. Haven't been in there for about 15 years. After taking avy courses,getting older,getting smarter(I hope) don't need to go there!!!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh horsey creek. Was in there 10 years ago on my summit 600. One of my earlier trips to the mountains. knowing what i do now...i will never go back. i should be dead. we poked at the hills to the left all day long as soon as you break out into the alpine. the lakes in the back are neat but there is almost no where in that zone you can go safely without being in or passing through big avalanche terrain. like mentioned. cool to see once. No need to go back

Top Bottom