2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering where this slide was too. Kinda looks like back of hillclimb or the ridge you ride before you drop down into caribou bowl.

Yes it is right before you drop into caribou. Things will only get worse once this warm up comes and goes followed by more snow. Going to be a scary start to December by the sounds of it.

Hopefully it doesn’t take someone’s life to set an example this year. Ride safe everyone.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know where jsymes took that photo, we call it the horseshoe, and its a big terrain trap.
Stay safe out there everyone.

COLBEE

Reaction score
I heard valemount has been getting some warm temps and rain last couple of days, anyone know if it rained at higher elevations or just more snow?

miket7070

Reaction score
I was at Chappel on Tuesday and it was hammering down snow from the parking lot all the way up by the end of the day, conditions were amazing!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've contacted the peeps that have booked in with us this weekend as for the rest of you fellow sledders here's the dirt , sorry for the not so great snow report .
The TPOW bad news snow report , after an incredible weekend of over the hood blower powder the rain rolled in yesterday morning and poured all day and night from ground Zero right up into the Summit from what I can see . More rain in the forecast with plus 5 temperatures.
So if your heading out don't expect the white gold we played in last weekend .
Sorry for the bad news but you all know I will always tell the truth , love to have the business but the conditions are looking pretty bleak for this weekend , there is colder temps rolling in for the weekend with precipitation in the forecast so I will continue my snow dance .
Thanks and see you all soon .
TPOW ...... Out

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPOWER is absolutely correct. We have been hit very hard with rain since Tuesday and this ruined all hopes of early grooming.

We haven't been up to alpine in the last couple of days, but all data is telling us that it rained to above treeline and this will have drastically affected the snow and the riding conditions.

IF ANYONE was on the mountain yesterday (nov 22) I would very much like to hear how high the rain level went and would appreciate any info.

Thank you and ride safe

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPOWER is absolutely correct. We have been hit very hard with rain since Tuesday and this ruined all hopes of early grooming.

We haven't been up to alpine in the last couple of days, but all data is telling us that it rained to above treeline and this will have drastically affected the snow and the riding conditions.

IF ANYONE was on the mountain yesterday (nov 22) I would very much like to hear how high the rain level went and would appreciate any info.

Thank you and ride safe

Well F@&k!

coolcam

Reaction score
Rode Allen today. Rained all the way to the top. Very crusty and windy today. Was snowing on and off throughout the day but the wind was scouring all the existing snow. It was hard to find any spots that were holding any powder. Trail is holding up okay but water was pooling between some of the whoops at lower elevations. It probably won't last if the temps stay above freezing.
On the bright side, it's hard to hit any land mines when your riding on top. Probed 165cm in the trees at the far end of Avalanche alley. The snow got harder the further back we went.
Sorry, no pics.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappel got some rain as well, trail is getting beat up. Snow up top is still pretty good for this time of year. Found lots of untouched . Snow is more like heavy spring snow not dry powder.

coolcam

Reaction score
Rode clemina today. All the wet snow froze overnight. Was snowing when we left around 1pm. If it keeps snowing overnight it may be an alright weekend. Trail is in excellent shape right from the parking lot. A couple of small whoop sections but you can basically hold 70kph sitting down the whole way. Probed 130cm in goat ridge. Visibility was too bad to venture any further.

coolcam

Reaction score
This isn't going well... Always worked before. Someone pm me an email address and I can send them and they can try maybe?

Top Bottom