2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
What lense colour did you go with? I see they have two options.

I went with the HD pink.... I like it but I find in low light I still struggle with depth perception. Usually rose is a good colour. My buddy has a new set from this year I can’t recall what colour they are but they look rose colour looking through them but they are reflective on the outside. Best bet would be to try them on to see which one you like better that you like.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the HD pink.... I like it but I find in low light I still struggle with depth perception. Usually rose is a good colour. My buddy has a new set from this year I can’t recall what colour they are but they look rose colour looking through them but they are reflective on the outside. Best bet would be to try them on to see which one you like better that you like.

I did not like them either when we switched goggles. I have Rose and Iridium Jade and love both of them in low light. Im told you can change out the lenses, I seen a set of lenses for the inferno at a dealer after I bought my second pair. Oh well, lol.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the Oakley infernos an I would never buy another pair. If they were $600 googles I would still pay for them they are well worth it. Only downside is that the lenses are not interchangeable. I find they are good for the most part an don’t even need to run them a lot. I think you get 30 cycles out of them in a run of a day.

Let’s start a heated goggle thread! The are on my wish list. I’m Thinking 509s. And like to hear reveiws.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI. We were up clemina today, checked in at the cabin. Came out morning glory. Didn’t Check back out. Brett Meyer. Wayne Meyer. Murray Nitz. Sid brooks. All safe and sound.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI. We were up clemina today, checked in at the cabin. Came out morning glory. Didn’t Check back out. Brett Meyer. Wayne Meyer. Murray Nitz. Sid brooks. All safe and sound.

Just curious about the sign in book? Would the collection shack be a better spot for it?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious about the sign in book? Would the collection shack be a better spot for it?

Think it be starting point. Hover doesn't do anything for the none collected riding areas for safety. And for the shack jumpers.( but they can cancel themselves out already of the herd)

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Curtis, forgot to tell you the door knob in the clemina castle was broken. I used a tab from a beverage can and some electrical tape to temporarily fix it. You need a new knob set as the pin is gone. if you want i can ship you a commercial knob that will work and last longer, let me know

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron. Ill have to get up there and fix it asap. Appreciate the offer on the commercial set, but we need that door to close or things could get ugly in there.

Curtis, forgot to tell you the door knob in the clemina castle was broken. I used a tab from a beverage can and some electrical tape to temporarily fix it. You need a new knob set as the pin is gone. if you want i can ship you a commercial knob that will work and last longer, let me know

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sunday jan 14, we rode clemina creek today, the trail was in awesome shape and the old trail was groomed for a few km as well which was a great bonus.
We had an awesome day in here today, we headed to lake view plateau, went in and dropped in he third bowl to the south. Not a track, we ripped it up pretty good then played in each bowl all the way back to the drop into the area. The snow at the start was about 10-12” of new powder as we got further in it was 12” - 24”. Good playing in there for the day. Ill put together photos and videos of our weekend and post it here.
Where's the pictures Ron?

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Monday January 15 , Laying tracks at
Clemina still fresh lines to be had with the Saskatchewan/ Manitoba crew . Plus calling for snow starting this afternoon for a Couple days so if your looking to take your Sledding Experience to the home sweet home level give Valemount's Sledder Lodge a call ,
250-566-9933

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 days in allan on the weekend. Probably my best days yet!

image1 (1).JPG
image2 (1).JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. Rode awesome conditions Chappell Saturday. Clemina Sunday. Thanks for the awesome pics and videos though.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yahooooooo! :common001::common001::common001::common001::common001:

Pretty much the first time this year I have thought it worthy to use the dancing bananas

Its puking out in the staging areas and doesnt look to be letting up. No first hand reports from the alpine but I was just out doing trail maintenance and it's harfing!

Ride safe!

Top Bottom