2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Rode today for the day. Accidentally turned into Allen Creek an rode within a 8km radius from the cabin an it’s a concrete pad.

Loaded up an went to Chapple an that was good snow. Bumper deep in areas but a lot of it has settled since the snow fall At the start of the week. It was getting tracked up pretty good but there is still the odd spot you could play in. Between Allan an Clamina that was the busiest riding area.

On that note I took it upon myself to flag down some guys who were extremely close to or thinking about making a run into the closure area. I know Chapple has a lot of tempting areas but if anyone sees guys making a run stop them an make a point.
An 8 km radius from the cabin?

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledded Allen creek to day real disappointed sledded right to the back and found maybe 8 inches of fresh snow no where near what was posted all areas need way more snow but I'm sure someone will post they found epic snow well truefully it is only ok conditions glad Curtis posted chappel was good because Allen creek is far from it

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo buddy why do you keep going back there?? Rode with you last year at chappel, one of the deepest days ive had for years, good times.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen was awesome today. Rode fresh all day. Still some nice areas untracked.

Attachments

• E8BB5E4A-3822-40D9-8D44-C38C6DD24071.jpg
    E8BB5E4A-3822-40D9-8D44-C38C6DD24071.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 417
  • 40322ECC-B2BC-4F18-B38B-FDADD70F1C69.png
    40322ECC-B2BC-4F18-B38B-FDADD70F1C69.png
    845.4 KB · Views: 447

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Chappel Creek on Saturday Jan 13. Trail was in awesome shape. The main way in down to the lake is quite tracked up, but off in areas close to the lake you can find several areas to play. We went across the lake and up and over and found several areas with some decent untracked snow for a good days riding. Went through 7/8 of my tank on the 850. So all you have to do is look for the snow, all entire group all had a great day.
1st pic, mike many numbers, 1st stuck of the day.

2nd Pic, one member in our group found a nice hole

3rd pic, Micheal. Wild rose shows, sunk it while doing a doughnut

Some areas had 8-14” Powder.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We rode Chappel Creek on Saturday Jan 13. Trail was in awesome shape. The main way in down to the lake is quite tracked up, but off in areas close to the lake you can find several areas to play. We went across the lake and up and over and found several areas with some decent untracked snow for a good days riding. Went through 7/8 of my tank on the 850. So all you have to do is look for the snow, all entire group all had a great day.
1st pic, mike many numbers, 1st stuck of the day.

2nd Pic, one member in our group found a nice hole

3rd pic, Micheal. Wild rose shows, sunk it while doing a doughnut

Some areas had 8-14” Powder.
I wasn't stuck. I just fell off.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sunday jan 14, we rode clemina creek today, the trail was in awesome shape and the old trail was groomed for a few km as well which was a great bonus.
We had an awesome day in here today, we headed to lake view plateau, went in and dropped in he third bowl to the south. Not a track, we ripped it up pretty good then played in each bowl all the way back to the drop into the area. The snow at the start was about 10-12” of new powder as we got further in it was 12” - 24”. Good playing in there for the day. Ill put together photos and videos of our weekend and post it here.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like to say thanks to all the guys Fri on Chappel that stopped to let me know about my Axys side panel. Stopped halfway point on trail to thaw googles & forgot to do up panel when the group pulled rope & took off. I was all the way to Lake when I noticed dam thing missing.
Areas we rode had good snow but not the hyped up internet version... bumper deep when in a wind drift maybe but rest of area was settled.
Any word on the guy that needed chopper ride out of Chappel Fri? Looked like shoulder, collar bone break? What happened & hope he’s doing good.

Now a question on googles..... I’m always fogging up, I be belacavas, nose guards, google fan & I still fog up. Any input on how to get googles to seal better or how are the new Oakley infernos with the heated lense??

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a great weekend of riding in the Valemount area. Last weeks storm dropped some much needed snow on the area and the weekend riders chewed it up pretty good. Warm alpine temps have made for some amazing days. The snow in the shaded areas at treeline remains cool and ripe for the picking. The wind has blown snow into the lee areas and if you head for the trees, the riding is pretty amazing. The upcoming forecast is a bit of a mixed bag at this time although it does show some precipitation before the coming weekend. For the most recent photos and video, please follow RideValemount on Facebook and Instagram.

NOTE: Logging operations will begin in the Clemina Creek area this week and the road will be plowed to the 6km mark. We have created a trail that allows us to still access the area. PLEASE FOLLOW THE ALTERNATE GROOMED PATH. At times there will be short sections where sleds will need to use a very short portion of the main road to get back onto the groomed trail. Most notably is the 4km bridge where sleds will need to travel carefully to the mid way point on the hill and take a left onto the new groomed section of trail. Please ride very aware and slow at these intersections and remember that it is unsafe and illegal to ride on the plowed road.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Like to say thanks to all the guys Fri on Chappel that stopped to let me know about my Axys side panel. Stopped halfway point on trail to thaw googles & forgot to do up panel when the group pulled rope & took off. I was all the way to Lake when I noticed dam thing missing.
Areas we rode had good snow but not the hyped up internet version... bumper deep when in a wind drift maybe but rest of area was settled.
Any word on the guy that needed chopper ride out of Chappel Fri? Looked like shoulder, collar bone break? What happened & hope he’s doing good.

Now a question on googles..... I’m always fogging up, I be belacavas, nose guards, google fan & I still fog up. Any input on how to get googles to seal better or how are the new Oakley infernos with the heated lense??

Use the Oakley infernos an I would never buy another pair. If they were $600 googles I would still pay for them they are well worth it. Only downside is that the lenses are not interchangeable. I find they are good for the most part an don’t even need to run them a lot. I think you get 30 cycles out of them in a run of a day.

Top Bottom