2017 / 2018 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow its cold! Valley bottom temps sank down to almost -30 overnight. Alpine today was a balmy -18 with very light snowfall.

Trails are holding up very well in these frigid temperatures but our alpine riding areas have been hit hard by the riders, weather and lack of fresh snowfall. It is getting quite difficult to find a fresh track anywhere but the tight timber.

Looks like the sun will poke back out for the next few days and this could be the time for an adventure or to try something that may be new to you. Take advantage of these conditions to explore a bit and gain some good knowledge to use when the pow comes back!

Ride safe.

https://youtu.be/1cDZ66PVisY

Last edited:

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sounds good
Im not on fakebook but will see website

I do wish there was snow cameras at the top of
all the trail ends as that would b sick on the minute info
I know it would cost money but
I tell u now peeps would pay money to log on and see
I know I would
Lol

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark,

That is some constructive criticism we can work with. I understand your thoughts about the avys and snowpack data as we do push safety pretty hard around here. Believe me, when there is snow we talk a lot about it, but this December has been a bust. Ill see how we can rework our reports to discuss general use a bit more at times, but user numbers wont provide you with a tonne of data. Most people stick to the goat paths. It's times of extended drought that make the biggest impact on the areas. Ill see what I can do, but the place that will be updated more often is our website or facebook page, so I suggest looking there as well.

Any other suggestions or comments, feel free to email them our way. We are always looking to improve what we do here.

Ride safe.

i would just like to chime in quick and say thanks to the efforts that not only Varda and staff and all the residents of our riding areas put into the avalanche awareness and safety bulletins but also to the individuals that share info, data and pictures of their days events and rides. I think it makes us all better aware of what we are heading into each day and hopefully gets us all back home at the end of it. Everyone gets frustrated when Mother Nature throws us a curve ball but that’s part of it. I’ve seen a lot of new country and have been able to access some places that I probably wouldn’t have if there was anything but solid hero snow, so I take advantage of a less than ideal situation. I’ve been enlightened recently and now I plan my day and look at avalanche.ca while I have a coffee waiting for the truck to warm up deciding where we ride, so thanks to the people who made that happen and for all of you that help me get home each day by giving two sh?ts about posting updates, MIN’s and general info....today you get the hero badge! Lol Ride safe everyone and I appreciate all of your efforts! Call’in it like I see it since ‘79.

I Ride Valemount!

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Getting a little pissy cause it hasn't snowed in three weeks and it is minus a billion? I know cat and was joking around, he is very capable of finding snow.

I'm as honest as they come with conditions and they are the chits right now. Sorry bud but I cant make it snow.

Ride safe

cant make it snow?! Ah Ha! I knew there was something you couldn’t do! Lol thanks for the video update Mr Pirate.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We wish that was possible as well but due to the vicinity of the riding areas to cell signals, the majority of the cameras would have to be satellite (huge challenge) or staged a long way into the riding area which would make maintenance and protection a nightmare....one day hopefully. Its been on our radar for a long time.

Nice sounds good
Im not on fakebook but will see website

I do wish there was snow cameras at the top of
all the trail ends as that would b sick on the minute info
I know it would cost money but
I tell u now peeps would pay money to log on and see
I know I would
Lol

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trace amounts of snow fell on the 28th although it is tough to gauge what actually happened in the riding areas from the valley bottom. Please let us know what you find out there by posting riding conditions and pictures on our Facebook page or by tagging @ridevalemount in your Instagram and Facebook posts.

The riding conditions are not perfect, but the trails are in amazing shape and it’s always good to get out on your sled. We are starting to feel like a broken record with these updates and we certainly need a reload to the riding areas, but any day is a good day on a snowmobile.

All three riding areas will be groomed up again this evening.

It is extremely important that all riders respect the riding area boundaries. In times of less than stellar conditions, we can see people begin to look into the closure areas for a fresh track. This can’t happen. There will be patrols over the holiday season, so lets all be good people and show everyone the true respect that we as sledders have for our industry.

Ride safe

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Anyone in town have a primary that would fit a 08 M6? Or a cheap beater rental sled that the kid can ride? He rode my 16 down the trail tonight and thinks he needs a new sled now.

Mike....break down and buy him a good used 2016. I’m sure the young fella deserves it.

Top Bottom