2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not a great report but at least it's a TPow moisture report lol It's been snowing /raining steady in the valley bottom all day but looks like it's sticking at the 3500 foot mark .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Thats a improvement for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forecast is looking up for next week as well. Cooler temps and snow.. Hopefully those weather dicks are right!

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been in valemount most of the day rain rain rain..... drove up clemina trail to 8kms found only 5 inches of fresh there.... going to hit it tomorrow see what's up there will post results..... never seen this little snow in 7 yrs

Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been in valemount most of the day rain rain rain..... drove up clemina trail to 8kms found only 5 inches of fresh there.... going to hit it tomorrow see what's up there will post results..... never seen this little snow in 7 yrs

I can remember one year in the early 90's.... 93 I believe, last week in Nov and there was only a couple inches in the parking lots, there wasn't enough snow to get past the cabin or the goat ridge trail, it went on to be a pretty good year though!

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it into the goat today unloaded at km5 with 7 inches of fresh could drive to km10 with sled deck about a foot at km 14 and better as we went broke trail to top of goat ridge then buddy hurt his shoulder so after countless stucks turned back guys where up allen creek today as well we could hear them....access is the issues .... prob 2 ft of fresh overnite and a 2 ft base land mines everywhere

Last edited:

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Made it into the goat today unloaded at km5 with 7 inches of fresh could drive to km10 with sled deck about a foot at km 14 and better as we went broke trail to top of goat ridge then buddy hurt his shoulder so after countless stucks turned back guys where up allen creek today as well we could hear them....access is the issues .... prob 2 ft of fresh overnite and a 2 ft base land mines everywhere

No you couldn't hear us at Allan. Lol.
Ya need more snow.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The staging areas have received some snow and it looks like people made it to alpine today. Its still super thin down low, so don't load up all the wagons and blaze out but i think a ride is possible now.

Still super warm down low...hopefully the little bit of snow we have on the lower sections sticks around for the weekend.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was just tagged in a post of a couple guys that said they made it to Allen creek cabin today . It was mentioned it was quite the pull to get in .
I will state that I do not know who these pics are from

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We just pulled into town. We were thinking about heading to Groundhog. But after seeing those pics we may take a poke at Allen Creek. Time to have a meeting .🍺

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was just tagged in a post of a couple guys that said they made it to Allen creek cabin today . It was mentioned it was quite the pull to get in .
I will state that I do not know who these pics are from

Lol ok terry let the cat out.

Yes we broke trail into Allan. Took all day. We laid a great trail up the old way. Pack down nice not all spun out We started with our old xp's. Got to km 7. Snow was too deep. Went back to the house and grabbed our new sleds. 4 more guys showed. We cut all the fallen trees out.

Took a very love time to get to the cabin.

All I ask is for the love of god please don't spin the **** out of the switchbacks.

We packed it nice. And it's the best I seen the old trail in 5 years.

Parked at parking lot.

There great snow up top. Lots of stucks. Didn't hit a thing.

Fat guy

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ride snow all the way from the parking lot, or what km was the snow line at? Really appreciate the info Fat Guy!

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ride snow all the way from the parking lot, or what km was the snow line at? Really appreciate the info Fat Guy!

parked in parking lot. Was about 6-8 inches. Had to use 4x4. Heavy wet snow. So it packed nice. Was sunny down low settled lots. But the trail is great. Watch the usual creek crossings. Stay off the lakes. Water coming up.

But really. Props to all the guys. We packed the trail nice. Took time coming back down to widen as much as we could. It's not all trenches and bob sled runs like every year before.

Sadly i I don't think it will last as I'm sure it will see lots of traffic tomorrow.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol ok terry let the cat out.

Yes we broke trail into Allan. Took all day. We laid a great trail up the old way. Pack down nice not all spun out We started with our old xp's. Got to km 7. Snow was too deep. Went back to the house and grabbed our new sleds. 4 more guys showed. We cut all the fallen trees out.

Took a very love time to get to the cabin.

All I ask is for the love of god please don't spin the **** out of the switchbacks.

We packed it nice. And it's the best I seen the old trail in 5 years.

Parked at parking lot.

There great snow up top. Lots of stucks. Didn't hit a thing.

Fat guy

I'm sorry boys , the pics came in third hand , if you would of sent me a private message before I posted them , (I did just read your pm but I'm not sure when u sent it , I'm sorry if u sent it before I posted ) I definitely would of held off till you guys got to reap your rewards tomorrow .
I really do apologize and a big thanks from SRL for taking the time to set the trail .
You boys have great day tomorrow , and if anyone else is using this trail tomorrow please respect and thank the boys for doing suck a great job .
TPOW

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let the Carnage begin ! image.jpeg

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well boys the Secrets out .
Valemount's Best Kept Secret is offering a
Smoking Deal
From today Saturday Nov 25/16 upto including Thursday Dec 1/16

The Mortgage Payment Special :)

$99 night per room /dbl occ which includes continental breakfast . Packed lunch option $10 per person .
Yes that is $50 per person to stay at Valemount's top spot .

FULL MEAL SERVICE WILL START FRIDAY DEC 2

Now for the TPOW Snow update
- all week it's been snowing / raining at ground zero but puking up top
- yesterday Friday Nov 25 the crews venture to the summit , Allen creek was accessed from the parking lot of 6-8inches but quite a bit of work to get to cabin ( thanks to fat guys crew for spending the day setting trail , shovelling in low spots etc ) buy these boys a few beer if u see them
- today Saturday Nov 26/16 woke up to a winter wonderland it's been snowing all night and is continuing as I type .

--- so access is not great but the alpine is loaded of course with early season hazards .
- the way I see it boys is it's completely socked in today so shoot me a message book a cpl nights , load that new or old iron jump in your truck and beater to Valemount .
Once this clears it's gonna make for some epic riding the next 5 days .

Allen Creek Yesterday

Allen Creek this morning
Oh and look who it is

Ground Zero Lodge grounds

Main Street VALEMOUNT

Top Bottom