2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

jjstat

Reaction score
Hey first timers for Valemount going in a few weeks. we have a few experienced riders and are all avalanche trained. wondering where the best areas are for early season.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey first timers for Valemount going in a few weeks. we have a few experienced riders and are all avalanche trained. wondering where the best areas are for early season.

Haven't done that much early season riding in Valemount but if access isn't an issue I heard Alan Creek is pretty good for early season. There are plenty of land mines every where you go tho so it would be best to know the terrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stick to clemina for first time. Easiest to navigate I think and not get lost.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis. I hear the bottom gate is open at Allen. Did you guys open it up or did some champ force his way thru it already?

There is one open gate at the back of the lower lot right where the Allen Creek road begins. This is closed all summer to prevent atv access although is now open. The gate at 3km is still closed and will be for a long time. Currently there is no access to our alpine areas as a far as we know unless you want to risk the long sled ride up the rocky allan creek trail as the rideable snow line is waaaaay up there at the moment....things can change quickly though.

We have snow up top, but our areas unfortunately do not allow easy access to the alpine without a good amount of snow below tree line.

Last edited:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Best for early season would be Allan creek once its accessible. The areas within a few kms of the cabin are great and safe"ish" for early season as far as hazards go.

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode frisby in revy yesterday,was awesome snow.rain in the bottom means lots of snow up top!

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather app said it's finally snowing there and looking like below zero everyday this week. Hopefully it's enough to gain access for you guys

Top Bottom