2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ,
We have availability for this weekend
Lodge- $129 night per person includes , home cooked breakfast , self serve lunch table plus home cooked supper including appetizer and desert.

- if u want to look after your own meals we have two cabins also available this weekend
3-person Cabin --- $129 night
5 person Cabin --- $159 night

Call Terry 250-566-9933

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a riding buddy for this coming monday,any one want to join? Can pm me if u like!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount received a good dose of winter late last week which drastically improved conditions and helped out any major access issues. Alpine snow depths are averaging 155cms and riding is still quite good in all three of the major areas.

Riders are urged to use caution as many hazards such as rocks, stumps and open water still exist. For being Dec 1st, the riding is quite good but one needs to take it easy and just enjoy being on a sled.

All three main areas are accessible from the staging areas at this time although it is still super warm in the valley bottom and this may affect the snow levels.

Keep your wits about you and check Avalanche Canada before your ride. If you do venture out, please report any of your findings to the Mountain Information Network through Avalanche Canada.

A conditions video is posted on our facebook page at Valemount Area Recreation Development Association | Facebook

For a PDF of the full conditions update please click this link
http://ridevalemount.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Dec-1-2016.pdf

Attachments

• adfa.jpg
    adfa.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,017
  • adsfe.jpg
    adsfe.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,004

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gate is open but you would likely be the first to try! The upper runs would likely be super awesome but Id try for a mid pickup.

Chrystal ridge good to go?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys appreciate it. Booked in with summit river for the 14-16. Forcast looks awesome.

Out riding

Reaction score
Anyone want to ride vale this week. I'm looking for a group. I'm riding revy this weekend. Hope to hit vale next week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We rode Allen today. Trail is challenging. We had a rookie with us so didn't get too far from cabin but still managed to find a few over the handle bar spots to play in. Don't know if I'll go back till they start grooming.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Allen today. Trail is challenging. We had a rookie with us so didn't get too far from cabin but still managed to find a few over the handle bar spots to play in. Don't know if I'll go back till they start grooming.

Just from being so pounded out or lack of snow? Thought there was snow all the way down to the parking lot still. Worth coming up next weekend?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Trail is whooped bad and icy as fawk. Took a while to get up cause people were spinning out all over. Definitely worth it when you get up there but I'm too old, fat, and lazy to ride a trail like that.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail is pounded. Snow down to parking lot. Creeks running across trail, and switchbacks are icy. Normal early season riding for Allen creek. Snow up top is low for this time of year. Was soft though and eight of us put a good day in with no damage.

Top Bottom