2015 f-150

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny, they aren't even on the website for build and price. Anyone know what the delay is? Is the new aluminum technology slowing things down? I mean it's almost November.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they are tooled for late release but someone posted driving one with the 2.7 eb

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are embarrassed to put them out lol! Not a big fan of that aluminum frame. I seen Mac dump trucks that have aluminum frames and they are not pretty. The steel parts bolted to that aluminum just is not a good idea. Steel corrodes aluminum and the road salt and stuff they put on the roads just makes it that much worse. The frames in those trucks won't last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are still steel frames.

They are embarrassed to put them out lol! Not a big fan of that aluminum frame. I seen Mac dump trucks that have aluminum frames and they are not pretty. The steel parts bolted to that aluminum just is not a good idea. Steel corrodes aluminum and the road salt and stuff they put on the roads just makes it that much worse. The frames in those trucks won't last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same ...... I would like to see one and usually a new model release they would be at the dealer in Sept . The new GMC in the crew with a 6.5 box is looking enticing but I love that Eco for towing

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Coming from a body standpoint.
It will be tough to get them fixed after a collision.
Not many body shops have tig welders or know how to tig weld
Our dent pullers and resistance welders for spot welds only does steel. It's $35,000 to buy
Aluminum corrodes if steel touches it which means all the tools have to be in a separate room. Lots of shops just don't have the money to do that
Will be a huge pain in the arse. What it comes down to is Ford doesn't want them fixed and they're doing a good job of it
All the manufactures want throw away vehicles so they can sell more
Will be interesting to see what happens

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from a body standpoint.
It will be tough to get them fixed after a collision.
Not many body shops have tig welders or know how to tig weld
Our dent pullers and resistance welders for spot welds only does steel. It's $35,000 to buy
Aluminum corrodes if steel touches it which means all the tools have to be in a separate room. Lots of shops just don't have the money to do that
Will be a huge pain in the arse. What it comes down to is Ford doesn't want them fixed and they're doing a good job of it
All the manufactures want throw away vehicles so they can sell more
Will be interesting to see what happens
Yeah with the amount of hail we get one big ass storm and it would be a write off

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know our body shop had to do some of training and tooling, manufacturers have been using aluminum body panels for years, this is just the first all aluminum truck. kinda disappointed i expected the 2015's to show up here to the dealership by now.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same ...... I would like to see one and usually a new model release they would be at the dealer in Sept . The new GMC in the crew with a 6.5 box is looking enticing but I love that Eco for towing
I just picked up a 2014 GMC with the crew and 6.5 foot box. Its pretty sweet and nice to not have to take off the tailgate now when carrying the quad and towing.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2014 GMC with the crew and 6.5 foot box. Its pretty sweet and nice to not have to take off the tailgate now when carrying the quad and towing.
That is why I bought a Ford to begin with because GM was sleeping when it came to 6.5 box in a half ton . I've been GM all my life but I sure like the Eco for pulling .

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That 2.7 eco sounds pretty crazy to me.

I love my 13 5.0 and wouldn't trade it in for a 15 but frig 325/375 is extremely impressive for a 2.7l V6

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2015 F150 is slated to start production sometime in November,its been stated that way for about 6 months unless there is a delay.I would expect new ones to roll in around Jan1.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a pretty good chance they will skip 2015 and just release them in January as 2016 model year.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is all our company buys is the 150's for the pilot trucks and 350's for trailer supervisors. We've only just been able to start placing our orders for the '15's . We were told that ford had to shut down their plants and retool them for this new style, that's why there is a delay. We got our '15 demo from zender in the grove. I probably won't see my new one until after the new year.

Sent from my iPad

Top Bottom