2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Allen. The snow from Monday missed entirely. Was tracked passed super bowl. Passed that the tacks thin out but the snow is set up now. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got to Clemina pretty late this afternoon and took a rip up to the cabin and upper bowl. was a bit thin and tracked out but some fun spots to be found if you looked around enough

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the report from Snowfarmers on facebook

"Wind blasted in the alpine and treeline strong north arctic air mass moving in over past 36hrs. All exposed aspects in the alpine and most at treeline have well developed hard slab. Ridge tops are wind scoured to the earth. HS has settled from 160cm to 130cm in the shelter @1900m and appears to be bonding well. Except in very sheltered places it's becoming a war zone out there. Ground hazards and hard slab are everywhere."

Pictures look like all that pow pow from the weekend is gone. If you rode last weekend you got lucky, this weekend not so much unless things change

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sask I bet you can still find something on a snowbike. If the wind blew it all off the hills, the trees probably caught a big chunk of the snow. That't my hope anyways.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sask I bet you can still find something on a snowbike. If the wind blew it all off the hills, the trees probably caught a big chunk of the snow. That't my hope anyways.

Here's hoping!! My first available weekend after seeing all of the great conditions up till now and this happens. Lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will chappel be open tomorrow? Sounded like they were closing it this week to track set then groom

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

change_up

Reaction score
According to VARDA's Facebook page and their latest video update which was about 1-2 hours ago, Chappell will be open tomorrow.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was hard to come by today. Hard to follow bike through the trees as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dmf

Chrisp1

Reaction score
There is snow stashes littered around. Had to hunt for it though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom