2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

eagle eye

Reaction score
Nice sled! How's it feel power wise compared to the old pros? No hp numbers out but theirs rumblings of it being close to 170hp I was curious how much it improved.

bsoluk

Reaction score
The new Axys definitely has more power compared to my 2014 pro. The new chassis holds a side hill even easier.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappell today, first ones in the parking lot at 730. About 2 feet of snow, its dry in some spots but was wet in other, will probably start to set up in a couple days. LOTS of good pow spots to be found. I would say about 30 sleds up there today. Will upload pics when home tomorrow.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did Chappell Sunday instead of Allan and there was hardly anyone there, trail in/out had not been groomed. The riding was very good and the snow was starting to set up well and deeper than 5ft in some spots.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The access is very good. I would wait further snowfall before hitting the bottom of the runs. If you are a tourer, you could ride the top half and skin back up. Probably amazing sliding at this point.

Anybody had a chance to check out crystal ridge? Is there any snow at the staging point to get up and atleast check it out?

cheers

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite and amazing weekend of riding. Cant believe its only November!

The weather this weekend sure cooperated and made for some good times. The snowpack seems to be building nicely. We did not notice avalanche activity over the last two days although we still are not pushing steep terrain. Our test profiles were quite dull, which is a very good thing, and showed a nicely developing snowpack....for now. The heavy load over the last week and significant amounts of wind have moved snow around quite a bit and developing slabs on lee aspects. There is also small surface hoar in isolated locations treeline and below that has likely been buried by wind transport.

Keep your wits about you, test and learn as you go!

Ride safe.

Thanks to Danny Roberts and Nicola Mader for the photos

Attachments

• sm1.jpg
    sm1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 752
  • sm2.jpg
    sm2.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 757
  • sm3.jpg
    sm3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 759
  • sm4.jpg
    sm4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 753
  • sm5.jpg
    sm5.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back from Valemount tonight, rode chappell Saturday and Allen Sunday. Chappel had about 2-3feet of fresh in most places, good base as well. Allen was 1-2 feet and more set up. Today was bluebird all day long and was an awesome ride minus hitting a rock in a creek and getting sent over the bars. Luckily only a messed up ski, no a arm damage. All pics are from chappell.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 754

sledhead247

Reaction score
Back from Valemount tonight, rode chappell Saturday and Allen Sunday. Chappel had about 2-3feet of fresh in most places, good base as well. Allen was 1-2 feet and more set up. Today was bluebird all day long and was an awesome ride minus hitting a rock in a creek and getting sent over the bars. Luckily only a messed up ski, no a arm damage. All pics are from chappell.
How was the lake at Chappell. Safe to ride on yet ?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the lake at Chappell. Safe to ride on yet ?

We stayed off the lake, as did most except for few who did not want to side hill around. Not quite thoroughly frozen yet.

sledhead247

Reaction score
We stayed off the lake, as did most except for few who did not want to side hill around. Not quite thoroughly frozen yet.
Ok good to know thanks. Didn't think the weather has been cold enough yet

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we stayed off the lake as well. Had a pretty good weekend overall. Tho wont be back till they get more snow. Also if your on here. Thanks to the guy that helped themselves to my ol mans jerry can.

Top Bottom