2014 - Walker Evans - Split shock body

KG1

Reaction score
Last ride of the season last year, and wife's 2014 Pro 155 starts pogo'ing really bad. I pulled the skid out this weekend and the shock is split clean down the middle. Wife is a novice rider, 120lbs, how she managed to do this to a "high-end shock" - I can't imagine. Wasn't an overly cold day and the sleds weren't frozen so I know it's not that. No dents or dings, just seems to be split from overpressure?

You guys seen this before or have any ideas?

I'm guessing you can't buy just the body for these shocks.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those shocks certainly aren't 'high end'. I would suggest watching Kijiji or the classifieds on this site for some stock take offs. Or contact a shop like Parkland motorsports who would probably have some stock shocks laying around. A new shock body can be purchased from Polaris for $200, then you'll have some labor on top of that to assemble the shock. Finding a take off will be the much easier option.

The split reminds me of what pipe looks like when its frozen with water inside, perhaps the shock had moisture in it and was froze at one time, tough to say.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last ride of the season last year, and wife's 2014 Pro 155 starts pogo'ing really bad. I pulled the skid out this weekend and the shock is split clean down the middle. Wife is a novice rider, 120lbs, how she managed to do this to a "high-end shock" - I can't imagine. Wasn't an overly cold day and the sleds weren't frozen so I know it's not that. No dents or dings, just seems to be split from overpressure?

You guys seen this before or have any ideas?

I'm guessing you can't buy just the body for these shocks.

I may be able to help you out. I replaced my skid shocks two seasons ago. they need to be rebuilt but you can have them.

KG1

Reaction score
Guys, super generous of 2 of you to offer up some replacement shocks. RBRDUK shipped me some over the weekend and they're now on their way to get rebuilt.

Appreciate the offers and the help.

Top Bottom